kadrek Posted November 13, 2013 Report Posted November 13, 2013 I found these prefab subs, http://www.amazon.com/Rockford-Fosgate-P1L-2X10-Pre-Loaded-Enclosure/dp/B0027GV2RA I'm wondering how they're wired up inside the box? It says it can take 300 rms, I'm assuming they're the 8 ohm versions wired in parallel correct? Like this, http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2SVC_8-ohm_mono.jpg ? Is there just one wiring terminal on the outside of the box? Would this amp be a good match with these subs as it puts out 300 rms at 4 ohms? http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-MRV-M500-Mono-subwoofer-amplifier/dp/B00BMR7UPS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384315346&sr=8-1&keywords=500+mono+amp Thanks in advance
truthsayer Posted November 13, 2013 Report Posted November 13, 2013 If you read the spec's, it say's two 8 ohm subs wired in parallel. To give you a 4 ohm load. That amp will work, but the pioneer gm-d 8601 would be a better option.http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8601-Class-Amplifier-Remote/dp/B00A02QLVA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384316277&sr=1-1&keywords=pioneer+8601 truthsayer
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 13, 2013 Report Posted November 13, 2013 The link you provided for the pre-fab loaded enclosure answers your questions about it. P1L-2X10 Specifications Woofer Quantity: 2 Woofer Size: 10" Woofer Series: Punch P1 P1S810 Woofer Impedance: 8-OhmsWired in parallel internally to create a 4-Ohm amplifier load. Power Handling: 300 Watts RMS 600 Watts Max System Configuration: Vented Enclosure Material: 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) Speaker Connector: 16 AWG to 12 AWG Compression Terminals Dimensions: H 13.125" x W 31.125" x D 15.75" Yes it has one set of binding posts on the side of the box. I learned all of this in about 10 seconds. It's ok bro, I hate it when my breaks too! Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
kadrek Posted November 13, 2013 Author Report Posted November 13, 2013 The link you provided for the pre-fab loaded enclosure answers your questions about it.P1L-2X10 SpecificationsWoofer Quantity: 2 Woofer Size: 10" Woofer Series: Punch P1P1S810 Woofer Impedance: 8-Ohms Wired in parallel internally to create a 4-Ohm amplifier load. Power Handling: 300 Watts RMS 600 Watts Max System Configuration: Vented Enclosure Material: 5/8" MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) Speaker Connector: 16 AWG to 12 AWG Compression Terminals Dimensions: H 13.125" x W 31.125" x D 15.75" Yes it has one set of binding posts on the side of the box. I learned all of this in about 10 seconds. It's ok bro, I hate it when my breaks too! Yea, I was like ohhhhh when I was typing it out, just wanted to be sure.
kadrek Posted November 13, 2013 Author Report Posted November 13, 2013 If you read the spec's, it say's two 8 ohm subs wired in parallel. To give you a 4 ohm load. That amp will work, but the pioneer gm-d 8601 would be a better option.http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8601-Class-Amplifier-Remote/dp/B00A02QLVA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384316277&sr=1-1&keywords=pioneer+8601 I've never seen a mono amp with four places to put speaker wires. Which of the four places would I put the wires from the subwoofers in? The two to the right like in the manual? Don't you have to bridge them or something to get 500 rms @ 2 ohms?
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 13, 2013 Report Posted November 13, 2013 When a mono amp has more than one speaker terminal it doesn't matter which one. Think of it as a distribution block. Just pick a set and your done. No need to try to "bridge" anything. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
kadrek Posted November 13, 2013 Author Report Posted November 13, 2013 When a mono amp has more than one speaker terminal it doesn't matter which one. Think of it as a distribution block. Just pick a set and your done. No need to try to "bridge" anything. Okay, thanks. Sorry, I was in a hurry.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.