So basically I have this strange noise coming from the left (passenger) side of my 02 rodeo. It makes the noise at start up and through driving, almost all gears. When I switch from neutral to drive it gets quieter but not much. It makes the noise during cold start and hot as well. I changed my timing belt all the pulleys and hydraulic tensioner (no change), adds Lucas oil treatment (no change) and put all fluids in. I'm thinking its the crankshaft and bearings or transmission. But I'm not sure, anyone know some tests to check or gone through the same thing? Any input would be great, thanks guys!

This is a link to the noise.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nommg2HMFI4&feature=youtu.be

(I cant figure out how to get the video posted directly)

The spot with least resistance LOL.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

how many poeple work there 3 or 4 lol

At crescendo HQ? probably 2-3

At the sweatshop in china? 30,000 children

No Engine

sounds like an exhaust leak. or internal trans problems. bad audio inthat video. i have benn a mechanic for 10 years and i have never worked on those rodeos before LOL. Take it some where pay the feee to check it if they charge 100 bucks probly and fixit yourself if you can. why did you replace the pulleys?

03 s-10 owned since 35k now 150k

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

alpine type-e 10 ported fiberglass

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

Im guessing its a flexplate and or torque converter or crankshaft, but im not sure (anyone have any experience with those problems?). I replaced the pulleys cause i got a kit for my timing belt that had them included.

I would ground to a rubber dildo if it had less resistance than a run of 4/0 wiring.

No Engine

what does it shifft like while driving? check engine light on? is the noise louder with the hood open??

Shifts good and runs good. No check engine lights and not louder when hood is open. The sound is there hot or cold, the sound isnt as loud when i switch from P to D. Gets louder the higher the rps, when it shifts it gets quiet then repeats.

No Engine

you more than likley have an input or output bearing that is making the noise. or something could be coming loose. if i were you take it some where where they can drive it and lift it up and get under it. cant help ya anymore.

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

what does it shifft like while driving? check engine light on? is the noise louder with the hood open??

Shifts good and runs good. No check engine lights and not louder when hood is open. The sound is there hot or cold, the sound isnt as loud when i switch from P to D. Gets louder the higher the rps, when it shifts it gets quiet then repeats.

theres alot goin on under there

alpine type-s 6.5 comp

jl 300/4 (dead)

jl500/1 (dead)

Grab a long screw driver put the butt end on your ear and the tip on different parts of the car and see where it gets loudest you'll be suprised how well it works I didn't watch the vid so if it doesn't pertain ignore me lol

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Archived