Sundown Audio

DD M1C problems

nathin

Here's the situation... I have a DD M1C and this weekend, we were headed out to the football game, and had the radio on pretty low, the bass knob was about half way up, and out of nowhere my subs just like pop, like a power surge kind of thing. It happened a couple times, the subs are DD 1508s, and they were hitting so hard that they were hitting my grills, which are a good 2 inches from the dust cap when the subs are still. After they first surge, I immediately killed the radio power, and i turned the bass knob all the way down. Didn't stop the problem. I did it a good 4 or 5 times before i could get out of the construction I was in so i could kill the amp. once i got stopped, i cut the speaker wires and the remote wire, being a good 300 miles from home I've been unable to take power off the amp.

What my question is, is why in the world did the amp all of a sudden do that? I've had it for about two months, and it has never done that. All help is appreciated!! Thanks y'all!

Something very similar happened to me a couple of months back with my Crescendo 4 channel. I called Nendo and told them what happened and they told me that it had

sounded like some thing came loose on the amp board. I was able to shut the car off and disconnect the remote wire. When I got home, I re-installed the remote wire and

turned it on. It did not do it again, but the power status LED was surging with the song I was playing

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

• 5 years later...

Archived