Ipad mini install question

Oh I know I just that I don't want to stream and use my data just for radio but I don't think I need Internet for the radio

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

Do you want to keep the factory radio?

Do you want to go back to stock (radio) if u ever sell the car?

Do you want to keep the steering wheel controls (of ur car has them)

Is Bluetooth important to u (calls, wireless so u can take the ipad out of the dash and still play music?)

Do you want it to charge in the car?

These are the questions you need to answer before you do anything.

You can do:

iPad mini with the sony headunit with the app remote control. And hide it behind the ipad in the dash, via USB or Bluetooth

Ipad mini to I streamer and then into a line driver or dsp . This is the best as it gives u charging and high level out to a dsp etc. and uses the dac in the streamer which is high quality.

Or ipad to a Bluetooth module, which gives you rca out allowing u to go to a line driver etc.

Or u can also use a PAC adapter to hook it up to the factory radio and give u rca out, but using a hidden headunit is better

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

*In progress - Audison bit ten d dsp, fully optical.

Do you want to keep the factory radio?

Do you want to go back to stock (radio) if u ever sell the car?

Do you want to keep the steering wheel controls (of ur car has them)

Is Bluetooth important to u (calls, wireless so u can take the ipad out of the dash and still play music?)

Do you want it to charge in the car?

These are the questions you need to answer before you do anything.

You can do:

iPad mini with the sony headunit with the app remote control. And hide it behind the ipad in the dash, via USB or Bluetooth

Ipad mini to I streamer and then into a line driver or dsp . This is the best as it gives u charging and high level out to a dsp etc. and uses the dac in the streamer which is high quality.

Or ipad to a Bluetooth module, which gives you rca out allowing u to go to a line driver etc.

Or u can also use a PAC adapter to hook it up to the factory radio and give u rca out, but using a hidden headunit is better

well thank for the reply

i would love to have a radio. i do have a appradio 2 but it wont fit behind my dash if i wanna keep it.

the only this is that i dont want to be hotspoting my ipad mini the whole time. i want to have radio stations

i would love to do the inlien drive or a dsp but damm i just cant be jamming to decaf zips all day long hahah

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

You can relocate the radio if u don't have room behind the dash where the factory one was. What type of mount are you doing for the ipad mini? Another option could be the pure i20 dock, it also gives you optical out if U want to go into a dsp fully optical, similar to the istreamer but the istreamer doesn't support optical. If u want u could go the istreamer option, it also lets you automatically pause the music when the key is off too

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

*In progress - Audison bit ten d dsp, fully optical.

You can relocate the radio if u don't have room behind the dash where the factory one was. What type of mount are you doing for the ipad mini? Another option could be the pure i20 dock, it also gives you optical out if U want to go into a dsp fully optical, similar to the istreamer but the istreamer doesn't support optical. If u want u could go the istreamer option, it also lets you automatically pause the music when the key is off too

well i would love to get the best audio quality i can get. that means ipad mini plug in > bluetooth streaming.

here are some pics of what am working with

IMG_0942.jpg

PA161716_zps5deaba24.jpg

PA161717_zpsc9654031.jpg

PA161718_zps35b5d7b3.jpg

xsss_zpsa99933bc.jpg

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Archived