Second Skin Audio

2004 F150 supercrew sub box.

FUKAZ28

Just bought this truck and the factory stereo really sucks. I got a pair a Rockford P3S 10's that I want to install under the back seat. There's boxes all over EBay but I'm worried about the quality of them. What do you guys suggest me do? I would love to see what a custom enclosure would run me. I'm also looking to install rear seat brackets that lift the rear seat 2.5" more. I'm using an Alpine PDX 1.600 rms mono amp for the subs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and yes I want to keep my back seat.

I'm getting ready to do an 09 Supercrew, which I know is not the same design. I ended up picking out the Sundown SD-2 10" for him. Won't have to raise the seats, etc... I don't know the MD for the P3s, but I would say the 2.5" lift is going to be necessary.

In regards to a custom enclosure, if you have so much as a jigsaw, t-square, and a drill, I think you'd be good to build your own. Lots of knowledge here on this stuff to help you along the way. Your main limitation, even with a 2.5" lift, is going to be the mounting depth on the subs (if downfiring). Assuming you can lift the seats high enough to have the subs forward-facing you'll definitely want solid grilles. My opinion is to downfire them.

And your concerns are legit on the ebay/ online boxes. I don't remember the name of the place, but a friend of mine bought a pre-fab for under the seats in his 98 tahoe, I mounted 2 polk MM-10"s, box was 1/2" mdf. I wasn't all that confident in the build either. Not saying there aren't good ones out there, but when in doubt, build your own.

I can. He's not exactly ready yet but plans to get this done while I'm in between semesters this winter. I'll make sure I hit you up when all this goes down.

I've really thought about this build a lot and feel that the SD-2 10" is his best option. I know how much a benefit can be to having subs already... but if it's in your budget, the 4.5" mounting depth of this sub, combined with the quality could be a good alternative if you don't have a good option with your current equipment.

The guy I'm doing this build for want to keep the stock radio, so I've advised him to get the Audiocontrol LC6i. So I found a build for an 09 Supercrew with just that config. Apparently the guys n gals at f150online.com have a good amount of audio installs specific to your truck, maybe check em out. Here's the link to the build I needed to reference. You may be able to find more of what you're looking for.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/speakers-subwoofers/453070-my-first-install-ever.html

good luck

It's not that I don't like rockfords, i've always really liked the brand. I'm only stating that, from what I remember, the P3s were a fairly deep sub especially for your application. And that will be your biggest limitation. Do you have the mounting depth for them from the tech sheet?

It's not that I don't like rockfords, i've always really liked the brand. I'm only stating that, from what I remember, the P3s were a fairly deep sub especially for your application. And that will be your biggest limitation. Do you have the mounting depth for them from the tech sheet?

According to Rockford it is 3.5 "

• 3 weeks later...

According to Rockford it is 3.5 "

Damn, you'll probably be just fine then. I was thinking they're like 5" depth.

Archived