Sonic Electronix

Using cheap quality products is always sketchy. I've learned first hand. BUT a learning experience is always important.

With that in mind, with the right amount of reading and research and making sure you ask any possible question you may have, you could potentially install decent gear yourself with no problems at all. It all depends on if you have the money available.

I think a majority of us here started out the way you are suggesting, but I think since you're already here and have a lot of knowledgeable people willing to help you, you're better off getting at least some decent (simple) gear to start you off.

TL;DR Go with nicer stuff. Those pioneer subs and alpine amp are a great starting point. Don't be afraid to ask even what seems like the stupidest install question if you're unsure about it.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Soundqubed may r cheap but there not crap equipment by any means at all.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I know SQ aren't bad quality equipment, I know people around here that have them and they are pretty good! I was just thinking to get something on the cheaper and not necessarily better quality side, just to learn like I said. I actually have 2 Memphis 10's and a 500 watt amp from my first system that would maybe work pretty good, like I said I'm not even hardly expecting to get any bump out of this stuff I just wanna learn how to do everything basically. Then once I learn what I'm doing, I'll start doing my own systems and probably upgrade instead of having only my 1 15.

Vehicle: 1988 Cadillac Brougham

Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS Head Unit

Custom box built by me (designed by forum member g2shuck)

(1) DC XL 15

(2) SQ q1-1200d

(2) Crescendo PWX-6's.

(more to come someday.)

Archived