Second Skin Audio

Need sd2 8 box help!

bgolladay1

Hey guys I'm new to the forum and need help on a box. Not sure whether I want it ported or sealed. My max dimensions are 55X16X6. I have two 8s so I am going to have about 750 watts on both of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

09 F 150 Supercab

2 Sundown Sd-2 8s

Rockford r-750-1

Rockford 6x8s

Rockford r-250-4

Pioneer avh1500

Big 3 upgrade

Those drivers have a high enough Qts that they really are going to work best in a sealed box and wouldn't be great in a ported one. Also the trouble with trying to make a ported box for two 8's is to get it tuned low enough and with enough port area you end up with a really long port that's tough to fit into the enclosure, so sealed really is the way to go.

Now the bigger problem you are going to have is these drivers are not going to fit into a 6" tall space. The drivers have a total height of about 5-7/8". That doesn't leave you any room for material thickness or breathing room in front of the driver.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thanks Triticum Agrilcolam i just re measured and realized I actually have about 7.5 inches under my seat... I must have measured wrong. Would that be do able?

09 F 150 Supercab

2 Sundown Sd-2 8s

Rockford r-750-1

Rockford 6x8s

Rockford r-250-4

Pioneer avh1500

Big 3 upgrade

Thanks Triticum Agrilcolam i just re measured and realized I actually have about 7.5 inches under my seat... I must have measured wrong. Would that be do able?

Yeah that will probably be enough, though just barely. I can design a box for ya. Just give me a bit.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

So I was taking a quick look at a design for this and other than being kinda tight for height you have a lot more room than you need. Those drivers only require .25 cubes each of volume, which isn't much. Would you like the enclosure to be long and narrow or not as wide but deeper front to back?

Builds:

Probably long and narrow. Its going to fit underneath my seat so I would like it to fit the who length of under my seat. Could you maybe put dividers in the box to make it the right amount of airspace per sub?

09 F 150 Supercab

2 Sundown Sd-2 8s

Rockford r-750-1

Rockford 6x8s

Rockford r-250-4

Pioneer avh1500

Big 3 upgrade

Archived