Nubster Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 Got a Dodge Ram with QuadCab last week. Barely any room under the rear seat, no room behind it. It was suggested that I think about taking out the center console up front and building a box in that location. For those not familiar how the front is set up, it's basically two bucket seats with a section in between. There's a console that can be flipped up and you end up with a bench seat so that a third person can ride up front. It will never get utilized that way so I won't be out anything by taking it out. The seat section measures 15 wide x 20 long x 8 tall. That gives about 1.38 cubic feet of space (.9cf after factoring in board thickness) and the way the bracket is that mounts the console to the floor, there's about 3" of space between the bottom and the floor. I'm looking at a Sundown SA-8 or SA-10 DVC and running it off a SoundQubed Q1-1200D @ 2ohm. I appreciate any help I can get. I'm not new to this stuff but it has been nearly 20 years since I messed around with car audio other than replacing the occasional head unit.
jarrius Posted November 27, 2013 Report Posted November 27, 2013 I would do 1-2 sundown sa 8's with eather a rf prime 1200 or soundqubed 1200 mono amp. They should sound great and the amps are great also. Or if you don't want that much power you can do 2 e8's or 2e10's I would do the 2 e8's in a 1.5^ft tuned to about 33hz or lower for better sq. With those you can probly run the soundqubed 750wamp at 1ohm for enough power 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Nubster Posted December 2, 2013 Author Report Posted December 2, 2013 Just wondering if someone could help with a ported box design using the SA-8's as the subs of choice.
TortoiseShore Posted December 2, 2013 Report Posted December 2, 2013 One or two Sa-8's? When I put it into Torres I only got .99 cubes, so i would assume only 1?
Nubster Posted December 2, 2013 Author Report Posted December 2, 2013 Probably just one at this point.
Nubster Posted December 3, 2013 Author Report Posted December 3, 2013 I'm trying to figure out some design program but still having some issues, especially with the port. Could someone please help?
mattie Posted December 3, 2013 Report Posted December 3, 2013 Run a single 12" unless your wanting the 8's for a reason. My prefab slot port box fits between the seats so I know it can be done.
youngbass98 Posted December 3, 2013 Report Posted December 3, 2013 Check out some Ct sounds amps lots of power for not a lot of money 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Nubster Posted December 3, 2013 Author Report Posted December 3, 2013 Barely any room under the rear seat, no room behind i take that rear seat out and replace with two 18's or 12's whatever Two kids makes that not possible.
Nubster Posted December 3, 2013 Author Report Posted December 3, 2013 Check out some Ct sounds amps lots of power for not a lot of money Will do but I think $500 (AT1400.1D) is out of the budget for the moment.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.