Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

subwoofer placement


bassfreake

Recommended Posts

Posted

I just thought of something and am wondering whether anyone knows whether it would be an issue or not, would putting the sub inside the port cause issues? like for instance if I wanted to do a TLine or something but I didn't want the subs obvious could I put the sub in and wrap the port around the sub or would the disturbance of the sub inside the port screw up the sound waves and cause some nasty cancelations or something?

probably wouldn't actually do it anyway I'm just curious what would happen lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Posted

That would mess stuff up. You'd get extra loading and reduce the efficiency of the t-line.

T-lines really need the front wave separated from the rear.

EDIT

You also can't mount the sub somewhere in the middle of the line rather than at one end. But that might not be an issue.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

ok I figured as much but wanted to ask, and yea I knew the sub had to be at one end not in the middle with a T Line it was mostly just wondering about the port I only mentioned T Lines because they are basically one long port lol the question could be for any box with a port technically it's just a purely hypothetical "what would happen if" kinda question. thanks for the answer :)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...