re building my home stereo

so this is my current set up

2uf6hzm.jpg

ive refoamed these towers and wish i woulda known gorrila glue expanded :( but i picked all 4 and the complete coresponding stacks that went with them for 100 bucks currently only have the kenwood power amp still. i wana get a new tv stand and the way things are atm my speakers take up to much space so the plan is to slightly "downgrade" lol to 1 pair of 15" towers. the only issue beins is the kenwood amp makes 150 rms at 4 like its wired to now and this tower would be an 8ohm tower due to the drivers i plan to use. ill have to do some more reading but isnt there a way in your cross over to change your final impedence. all the drivers ive chosen i think will work very well together ill post xover plots using xover pro later. box will be designed using bass box pro. going for high fidelity so these babies will be big. also plan to have something in the xover to fight impedence rise cant think of the right word atm. but these are the drivers ive chosen.

tweater-

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc28f-8-1-1-8-silk-dome-tweeter--275-070

mid range

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc28f-8-1-1-8-silk-dome-tweeter--275-070

woofer

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-st385-8-15-series-ii-woofer--295-130

i have an issue with colecting speakers so dont laugh at the smaller book shelf speakers there for my surround sound will build a real 5.1 in the future.

just after over all opinions for what im about to do. this will be my first xover design and 5th or so box built. gona really take my time with this may or may not use mdf should be able to get away with the stuff towers are normally made of with some heavy bracing. plan to use spikes for the feet to keep it from moving and for looks. not sure if ill use vinyl or if ill paint them. please dont mind all the spelling errors and such.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Do you think the old set had enough speakers ? Lol :) I don't know much about home audio but tuned in for sure

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

old only consists of the towers the book shelfs are on a diff reciever

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived