Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Soundstream splx-hx 15's


riddler7812

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a set of soundstream splx-hx 15's in a 13.75 cft box, 120 square port tuned to 32hrtz. They are being powered by 2 powerbass 1500.1's. So here is my question, I was playing the subs the other day and my blazer has a hard cut-off ( the hard pop at power turnoff), and later realized that the plastic cover (retaining ring) protecting the voice coils and spider popped loose on Both of the. Could I use an Epoxy based glue to hold it ir us there a special glue? Also, I contacted Fixmyspeaker.com, and asked for a quote. for $135 per sub, they wil replace the triple spider, flatwoven voice coils,(which it has that now) and direct leads with a psi cone, the rms would be beefed up to 1850 or more by this, which they are 1250 rms now(under rated). Should I fix the sub or send it for the upgrade?

Posted

Fixing is cheaper then upgrading. I would fix the subs for now and save up to upgrade your electrical and amps or what ever ales you need ^_^

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

  • 4 months later...
Posted

Easy fix epoxy the plastic ring back to the basket. same thing happened to me man. its a easy fix. Mine are still going strong

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS


Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3430 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...