need help! pros and cons of using eq instead of head unit

The biggest disadvantage if that's what you want to call it is how a factory hu interacts with your system. Does it have RCA output or will some type if integration device be needed. That may pose some quality issues. In addition even if it dies have RCA output how good is the quality. At this point the main issue your facing is integration to the rest of your equipment. Depending on what route you go quality may suffer

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I got you now. Ya, when using the headphone out hack you have to watch for distortion. Otherwise, no there is nothing negative about going this at all. Just set gains properly including the phone and using a dd1 will answer those questions.

As a matter of fact I ran my system that way for some time. iPhone straight into an EPX2

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I like it because it completely hides my system and looks really clean to hide wires, I went and grabbed a little headphone jack bluetooth receiver and just go wireless into that from my phone to the Memphis 16eqp4 works pretty good, I need to buy the dd1

Archived