Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Round PVC port help


lilwhteranger

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm putting 2 8" sundown sa8.v2 in a custom box I'm making for under the rear bench seat in my 2001 f150. The box is 1.33cu ft. The PVC is 3". I have a 90 degree elbow and a 2 ft section on pipe as well( I know I don't need that much).

So I bought the elbow to use so I can make the port face the same way as the subs(towards the front seats) plus there's more room. I've never messed with round ports yet. So how do I calculate port length with the elbow? Or should I make the port go out the side of the box toward my ext. cab door with only 3.5" of space between the box and the door? I can post a pic later of the box and the port mock later to better understand it better.

99 ranger single cab

8" kicker L7

custom ported box tuned to 35hz

kicker zx450.2 (sub)

kicker zx350.4 (speakers)

12 sq. ft of Vexmat

Kenwood KDC-693 HU

1/0 power wire to fused dist. block w/ 4ga. power/grounds to amps

8 farad Boss Audio Cap

Posted

One 3" port isn't going to be enough for those subs. They should have 8 - 10 sq. in. of port area each. One 3" port is only 7 sq in.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

have you thought about just running 2 ports? I've seen boxes with 6-8 Ports they look great when done right

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...