Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Wiring question


Fabian Ponce

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I'm currently running my 2 Rockford 12ins with 10 gauge wire at 2 ohms, but I didnt have enough wire for the bridgeing so I used some old 16 gauge I had laying around. Is this okay or should I get more 10 gauge for the bridgeing?

Posted

Which model and how much power?

Are you bridging (2) 1 ohm coils in series, or (2) 4 ohm coils in parallel?

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

should of been a little more specific, there RF P2D2 12In so total of 800 RMS but getting powered from a JL 1000/1 Amp. So after everything is wired it equals 2Ohms

Posted

So you are wiring each sub's coils in series.

4 ohms per sub with 500 watts to each sub.

16 ga is fine to bridge the coils (actually ok for everything).

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5805 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...