Need some help figuring out house wiring situation

so its my moms birthday soon and my dad wants to be able to hook up both his PC and this internet stream box to the receiver that runs the house surround system.

PC has 3.5mm, but can easily be converted to rca for ease of use. either male or female.

stream box has rca out only, female obviously.

receiver is rca input only, with a run of male rca's. no way to change them out.

my dad wants to be able to run both simultaneously. not with both playing at the same time, just so that he can switch music sources without having to mess with wires.

any ideas?

im thinking of just using two 2 male to 1 female converters. but i also need to get a 3.5mm to female because i have no idea what happened to the one we had.

my dad thinks its too complicated and is looking for an easier solution...but i cant find a better one LOL.

They make 3.5mm with pass through RCA's on the end. Basically female one side male the other with a cord going to a 3.5mm. I would post a pic but its hard to do on mobile

They make 3.5mm with pass through RCA's on the end. Basically female one side male the other with a cord going to a 3.5mm. I would post a pic but its hard to do on mobile

wat. can somebody post this?

Archived