Second Skin Audio

how do i figure out how big i have to make the port?

GueroZ28

600W RMS @ 1 ohm to the pair, you can install the port with the inner flare done and then once mounted do the outside one but best is get one factory made, or buy the flares separately, check partsexpress.com, you need some practice to get neatly made flares.

Also what is the cut sheets cuz i cant see the numbers clearly

One thing I caught on to when I was building my ports is some sites with tuning calculators are different. Not too much but if you want exact I would do some research and see what numbers are more common. See how much room you have to put the port in. And know what tunning you want. If you don't have enough room to put that port in the front between the subs it could always go on the side towards the bottom. Multiple ports could also be an option. Size of the tubing depends. If you want 1 port it might be big like 6". Or 2 3'' ports that would be shorter... Check out my garage, I have a small cavalier with a 6.5 cu gross box for 2 12's. I Have a lot of ports (for a unique port design). But only 2-4'' ports about 15'' long for the subs. I have em set at 49hz but I also set it up to where I can invert my subs to get a lower tune @ 28hz. Learn it and design it, You cant go wrong.

Pioneer DEH-P5800MP

4-Kenwood 6.5's

2-Powerbass 6x9's

2-Autotek Street Machine 3200.1's

1-Autotek Street Machine 1400.4

2-12'' Lanzar Optidrives 1232d

1-XS Power 950 AGM Batt

1/0 AWG Stinger for Big 3

DB Link 4 AWG ran

You NEED to flare the pipe dude, that is really what helps it to perform efficiently. So there are videos and tutorials on how to flare it yourself. I'd highly suggest watching those and attempting it.

Alright but still how would i put it through the hole?

Cut it in half and then use a coupler? Are you familiar with what a coupler looks like? Females on both sides where the inside diameter is the same as the outside diameter of your pipe. That's how I would do it. You can seal it AT the box with Liquid nails, silicone, all kinds of different adhesives. Someone else can advise on the type of material to use to adhere the port to the box to seal it tight. A coupler is how I'd do it. Or you could even go two couplers, close to the flared ends. That way you way you could have different length middle sections if you'd like to play with tuning up or down. Longer or shorter middle sections would allow you flexibility in tuning

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

One thing I caught on to when I was building my ports is some sites with tuning calculators are different. Not too much but if you want exact I would do some research and see what numbers are more common. See how much room you have to put the port in. And know what tunning you want. If you don't have enough room to put that port in the front between the subs it could always go on the side towards the bottom. Multiple ports could also be an option. Size of the tubing depends. If you want 1 port it might be big like 6". Or 2 3'' ports that would be shorter... Check out my garage, I have a small cavalier with a 6.5 cu gross box for 2 12's. I Have a lot of ports (for a unique port design). But only 2-4'' ports about 15'' long for the subs. I have em set at 49hz but I also set it up to where I can invert my subs to get a lower tune @ 28hz. Learn it and design it, You cant go wrong.

I'll leave most of the past some as you are trying to help a fellow member which I applaud and support :)

You did mention he could use a single 6" or 2 3" ports instead to work better with port length selection. I just wanted you and Guero to know that those are not at ALL the same amount of port area. 2 3" ports is a little longer 14" of port and a single 6" is a little over 28" of port. That's twice the amount of port. Simply doubling the diameter doesn't should the amount of surface area. I just wanted that made clear. Proceed :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'll leave most of the past some as you are trying to help a fellow member which I applaud and support :)

You did mention he could use a single 6" or 2 3" ports instead to work better with port length selection. I just wanted you and Guero to know that those are not at ALL the same amount of port area. 2 3" ports is a little longer 14" of port and a single 6" is a little over 28" of port. That's twice the amount of port. Simply doubling the diameter doesn't should the amount of surface area. I just wanted that made clear. Proceed :)

So i can use the 2 3" ports but ttheyd have to be longer? How long? And is it possible to face back? Or is it better and simpler to use the 6inch pvc ??

Archived