Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building a box, 2 SA 12's in an ext. Ranger .. does this look right?


James Goss

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay guys, stats:

Hardware is 2 SA 12's, DVC 4ohm being wired down to 1 ohm and powered off a Hifonics brx2000. amp.

I'm upgrading from a sealed infinity kappa perfect 12.1. It sounded good, went decently loud, but just wasn't pushing enough air for me. I've decided to go ported this time around. I've tried to keep it simple, but I'm struggling a bit with some design constraints. The biggest one is that I occasionally have to haul tall people, and being able to scoot the seat back/recline to a comfortable distance. I've taken my measurements, and designed something but I'm not used to how everything relates per se, so I could use another couple of eyes to help me out.

2sa12s.png

I'm picturing the box being subs forward, port up. The whole 'port bends=yes' in torres screwed me up though, and i'm not sure if i'm translating the Height Width Length wrong in the port dimensions area or if it's just torres being funky..... here's a sketchup of what I picture it as.

2SA12Sr3.jpg

and here's what it's going in:

DPP_0065.jpg

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Concerns?

Posted

The reason Torres tells you the port bends is because you have listed 24" of length for the port. You only have 18" of height. since you have a port that is 5" wide, you'd have to stop at 13" to make your turn(technically 12.75" to allow for the thickness of the wood). So the drawing doesn't quite match the numbers in the calculator visually. If you were to sketch it up again, you'd turn the port and it would come back toward the subs and baffle another 7.75"(if my quick math is correct, double check it though)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3290 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...