Whew!! that was hard to get in the trunk. ::)

Thats good to know. See the reason I'm asking so many questions is I have an 03 1.8T Jetta and was thinking of doing 3-10's for daily driving. I'm thinking more of building a baffle on the rear deck since there are no speakers there and saving my trunk space. I was asking about the extra bracing because I know those cars can't handle too much weight in the back and it makes the wheels butterfly. 8)

To answer a couple of questions -  the braces are 2x3's, more solid then a 2x2 but not as big as a 2x4 of course.  The triple on the center actually made the airspce equal. Doubling the internal walls squeezed the two outer chambers so I needed to take up airspace in the middle chamber.  The bracing may seem like overkill and it maybe, but in a sealed enclosure you have much better bass response and can gain db, imo. To make it easier to get in the trunk I should've made the enclosure maybe 1 inch smaller.Also with the bracing, consider the subs will recieve 450rms and around 900 to 1000 max watts each in less then a foot chamber which equals a lot of airpressure.  If the walls flex at all I lose bass repsonse and db.

Whew!! that was hard to get in the trunk. ::)

Thats good to know. See the reason I'm asking so many questions is I have an 03 1.8T Jetta and was thinking of doing 3-10's for daily driving. I'm thinking more of building a baffle on the rear deck since there are no speakers there and saving my trunk space. I was asking about the extra bracing because I know those cars can't handle too much weight in the back and it makes the wheels butterfly. 8)
I went with a lower Qtc box of .61 with these subs for a little lower end.  If you went with these subs you can shave about .3-.4 ft3 per chamber and have a qtc around .7 which is considered better sq. Easily taking a ouple of inches of the width and about 4 inches off the depth.

Archived