Fuzz Posted December 21, 2013 Report Posted December 21, 2013 I have an 8" 4ohm DVC-150w rms, powered with 250W @2 ohms. I am adding another 8 soon. What would be best??? A mono amp which rates at 300w @ 1 ohm? or A 2 channel amp that rates at 150w x2 @ 2 ohms? Also, I am currently "over powering" the sub by 100watts and it doesn't seem to mind. How much power should I be sending to these subs? Should I send 500w or would the recommended 300w sufice? I am not trying to get a panel shaker performance out of this, I am jost rounding out the bottom end of my listening experience. But 1 8 seems to struggle at times so I figure that giving some help would clean it up.
youngbass98 Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 Ct sounds 125.2, Rockford pbr 300 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Fuzz Posted December 22, 2013 Author Report Posted December 22, 2013 THanks, The RF is what I am looking at, but... PBR300x1 for a 1 ohm 1 channel set up or PBR300x2 for a 2 ohm 2 channel set up Is there any real difference? such as, will the 2 channel 2 ohm set up run cooler?
CodyLucente Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 low impedance set ups are hard with out a proper electrical system (1ohm and lower) and 2 channel amps are usually not class D amps which are ideal for subs but rather A/B Instead Go with the CT-Sounds and you will not regret it (second choice) http://www.ebay.com/itm/CT-Sounds-125-2-amp-amplifier-125w-RMS-250w-MAX-Class-A-B-2-Channel-2-Ohm-/111125908566?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item19df9ecc56 but some other ideas for comparison are Sound Qubed 2.200 (over powered) http://www.soundqubed.com/Q2-200_p_149.html Rockford Fosgate 150x2 for under 150$ (my recomendation) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fosgate-PBR300X2-PBR-300-Watt-RMS-Compact-Car-2-Channel-Amplifier-Amp-/350956827781?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item51b6a83485&vxp=mtr Rockford Fosgate 200x2 for more power under 175$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-P400-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-CAR-PUNCH-AMP-/221331456813?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item338862032d Kicker 225x2 for 200$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kicker-ZX450-2-ZX-Series-450-Watt-RMS-2-Channel-Car-Amplifier-Amp-11ZX4502-/300980225700?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item4613d1c6a4&vxp=mtr kicker 150x2 for 135$ (third choice) http://www.ebay.com/itm/KICKER-REFURBISHED-11DX300-2-CAR-STEREO-DX-SERIES-2-CHANNEL-300WATTS-SUB-AMP-/131060496117?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item1e83d076f5&vxp=mtr all great choices good luck Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid
Guest Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 he's not going to have a hard time running one ohm on a 200w amp. that's just like turning on another set of headlights, or the rear defroster or something
jarrius Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I would say depending on how much you want to spend get a mono amp that will do 300 rms or so at 4 ohms. First it should be easer on your electrical. Also if you want to uograde later you have plenty of.room to do.so 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Afficionado Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I agree, a 300-500 RMS mono amp would be appropriate. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
CodyLucente Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 i was tying to be cost efficient but you guys are right Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid
Soccerballzs Posted December 22, 2013 Report Posted December 22, 2013 I would look at a Rockford Fosgate Punch 500. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/I Pioneer P99RSAmpere 38002-Ampere 125/44-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer 2-5.25 Satori Mids2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars2-Hertz Silk tweeters DC Audio Level 5/12 Skyhigh Wire Mechman 320 XS Power D3100MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.