Hey guys need help my current box is tuned at 35 hz and slams the lows but on normal music not that we'll of output. My ports are 1x14.5x11.5 box is 4 cubed dived dual slots.you can see the box under new build in this forum. My question is would I be better with a 4 cubed box single square 5x5 port tuned to 35 hz non divided. I listen to mainly hip hop and bass cd my re audio sxx v2 subs are on a 2500 bdcp1. Need help

You have 2 RE SXx's with only 14.5" of port times 2(each side)? That's not even enough port for one of those subs. Basically what you have is a leaky sealed box, not a vented enclosure.

Don't listen to that guy(sorry if that's harsh)^^^^ your box size isn't an issue at all. Having one inch wide ports with only 29" of total port area is your problem. You should have very noticeable port noise. I'd almost triple your area, maybe 80" to start. A 5X5" port like you plan is actually even LESS port area than you currently have, but would likely perform better than what you have since its a single bigger port.

Who designed and built the box you currently have? You're in need of a new one so you can see what those subs can REALLY do

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I did it was my first I have 39" on width 17" on height and sixteen inches of depth to work with I used a tuning calc and if I go with like four inch ports they end up being way to long to fit in the box to tune it at 35 hz . Thanks for some actual insight how would you go about it and yes I have noticed the port noise

You may not need as much port as I first suggested actually. I was going pretty radical haha, sorry for that. An L-port though, 4" wide by 14.5" tall and 26" long would be much, much, much better and port noise would be gone. You'd find frequencies you've been missing and it would perform the it's supposed to. Your volume would still be 3.6 cubes which is 1.8 per and you'd be much happier.

It would then be tuned to like 49 hz when spec is 33 hz how will that affect my low low end and again thank you very much for your help

I got 35 Hz, I'm not sure where you got 49 Hz from. The port dimension I gave you would make sure your subs operate properly and that you don't have port noise, or a leaky box.

Archived