wiring question?

ok so I am looking at upgrading the electrical in my 97 Chevy 1500. Under the hood I already have two spots for batteries and I plan on replacing these with SHURiKEN SK-BT60. That makes two on these under the hood. then I plan on placing another right at my amp rack that I will have in my truck. I also plan on getting a 220 amp alt. My questions are will this amp/size alt be enough for this battery set up ? also when wiring the alt to the batteries should I run a length of wire back to the battery next to the amps or should I just wire the alt to the closest battery under the hood? Thanks for any help.

to start: i would wire your alt to closest battery *fuse this connection*, then run a *fused* wire from a bat up front to the batt by the amp rack.

cant tell you about battery bank or alt size being "enough" without knowing what you will be running

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

ok when it comes to amps this is what I plan on running. For my mids and highs I will have an American Bass SQ 500 and an American Bass VFL Hybrid 150.4. The AB SQ 500 has a 20 amp fuse. The AB VFL Hybrid 150.4 50 amp fuse. The bass amp I will be using is the American Bass PH-4000 MD. This has a 150 amp fuse setup on it. This what your looking for or do you need rms?

Archived