Second Skin Audio

Sub box design help and advice.

FUKAZ28

Height for front of box 9.5
Height for rear of box 5.5
Depth 18
Width is 52
Subs are 10" Rockford P3S shallow mounts.
I'm raising the back seat 2.5" with the LMI welding brackets. I already figured that into the measurments I posted above.
I'm also gonna cut out the tunnel area under the seat and make that flat so it wont have to be a cutout
in the bottom of the box. I'm also gonna move the bracket that mounts to the floor for the small seat so you wont have to make a cut out in the box.
Only thing I didn't figure in was getting the box up off the floor if the subs are gonna be firing down, so I guess you need to figure
out how much to subtract for that.
If you think I can get more bass with different subs please let me know. I will be running them with a Alpine PDX 1.1000 RMS AMP.

The box is going under the rear seat of my 2004 F150 supercrew

I forgot to ask, do y'all think I've got enough room for 3 or 4 sundown 8's in this enclouser? I had the rockfords in my other truck and was running them

With a Alpine PDX 600.1 and was not impressed at all. But I read all the time shallow mounts aren't the greatest anyway.

The amp can be upgraded to a bigger one if needed.

Thanks for the help guys

you have enough space for 4 sundown 8s. this below will work for those 2 10s (flared aero ports to save space)

f150_zpsb6ac1507.png

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

you have enough space for 4 sundown 8s. this below will work for those 2 10s (flared aero ports to save space)

f150_zpsb6ac1507.png

I'm sure the 8's would be louder right?

Thanks for the reply also. I want the most bass I can get and keep the back seat.

Thanks for the reply also. I want the most bass I can get and keep the back seat.

or if u want to go sundown 2 sa10s should be loud but i would get a 2nd amp if you do

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

or if u want to go sundown 2 sa10s should be loud but i would get a 2nd amp if you do
How much power do you think it would take? I can sell the Alpine if need be.

I'm not the one to ask... lol

Ok, thanks for the info. Website says 500 rms each.

their reputation says other wise go ahead and buy a couple and a bigger amp. They are pretty popular around here would of been my choice if soundqubed didn't make their hds3 line.

Archived