mrmanny44 Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I need opinions on building a box with the subs downsizing and ports up, anyone built a box like this. I'm tryin go with 3-12's behind 3rd row seat
CleanSierra Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Are the subs going to potentially fire INTO one of these ports? Is generally not a good idea to have a sub positioned directly over the vent. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
afrakes Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 I second this^ Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
mrmanny44 Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 No its not I'm tryin to design it to where the ports be on one side of the box but facing upwards
CleanSierra Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 The ports need the width(diameter if round port) of the port clearance between the opening and any obstacles. A seat for example, the underside, would be an obstruction. If you don't have the clearance, the port could be choked and have noise. What subs are you trying to run? What are your goals? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
mrmanny44 Posted January 16, 2014 Author Report Posted January 16, 2014 Soundqubeds 12's I'm limited on space, I heard they like a lot of air so I was gonna try to port vs. seal
jarrius Posted January 16, 2014 Report Posted January 16, 2014 Well from soundqubed them selfs there subs will work in a sealed box but it is not advised due to the spiders. If they are in a sealed box it will ware them out a lot faster then if they where in a ported box. What 12's did you get? If its the hdc3 12 for 2 of them you will need about 5cubes for them to be happy 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.