So, I got a ghillie suit for Christmas. I used it for the first time yesterday and when I got it home, it was filled with sticks and leaves. Which is fine, because everyone online says natural vegetation is supposed to stick to it. My problem is, some of the jute strands around the bottom of the pants are fraying and kind of coming apart. I was wondering if this is a problem or if it's just something that happens. Can someone help me out? Thanks :drinks:

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

idk which one you had but the guys in the military I worked with would just burn all the edges such as pants, sleeves, collar etc... so they would not fray. If it is really bad you might need to find a way to sew it or add something to make stronger.

Mine is made by "Red Rock" and is made out of the jute strings. It's not too bad, just a couple places here and there. I just don't want it to get worse and ruin the whole thing.

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

from the looks in the pictures it like it would happen very easy with that kind of suit getting snagged so it might be one of those unavoidable things.

Is there any way I can stop it? There's nothing but good reviews about it from Gander Mountain, so it kind of makes me feel like it's just supposed to happen. Idk, I just don't want to throw away $100 if I can help it. lol

*Rebuid in progress*

LrzV2Vk.jpg

VbjgkeI.jpg

Archived