Sonic Electronix

good shops in/near Albany NY???

i went to my local audio shop yesterday and lets say I'll never go back. I've had nothing but problems with them in the past but still go there to get stuff i need. after yesterday I'll never be back.

first they dont know what SMD Is! WHAT!? have they been living under a Rock?

when i pulled in i was bumping hard and the sales guy came out and asked what i was running. i Told him the ct 1400.1 and gave him some of the details about it. he stared a fight with Me that no amp is a 12.8volt rating and no amp does over rrated power. then told Me i got ripped off and i should buy the alpine mrp 2100w if i wanted some real power. (for $750) well i didn't take a swing at him as most of you prolly think i should have. anyway long story short i wont be going back there! oh andhe was trying to charge me $16 bucks a foot for 0g wire cuz it was o2 free! bullshit! so anyone know of any good shops in my area that sell good equipment at good prices?

the best item they had there was the old jl 1000/1 v2 for $1,200 even tho it was there only one and a floor model! please help! tired of bugging bb for prices on good stuff!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Order the stuff online. Use sky high car audio for wire and such like that. Sonic electronics for some other smalls and then just go strate to the source for everything alse and cut out the middle man. There is not really much you actully need from a shop becides being loyal to them if they are good friends and do good work an have the knowlage. But it seems to me that they dont and have no idea what it is like now days. There is a shop around me like that. All they sell is JL alpine and menphis. Not bad stuff just everytime i go in there asking a question or to but something i get lexured on how this sport has died and how people dont care how shit sounds any more they just want it loud. Tryed to hell him its not true but owhell lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

i have ordered stuff online but for some reason i can't get it delivered! usps won't ship to my house and fed ex won't ship to my p.o box. and either one gets sent to the other! i have to track each package every day wait till it gets to the warehouse and pick it up there! I've had 6 things sent back to the sender. it's just annoying! but the reason I'm looking for a shop is that i like being loyal! i enjoy knowing them and shooting the shit. it's sad i cant have that. i had a shop that was good but the owner moved out of state! :' ( I've been giving all my business to bb over the last few months but he's so far away. idk i just like supporting my local audio shop since everyone does buy there stuff online. don't mind spending more for my shop (not that one tho!) guess I'll keep ordering stuff online and keep getting it lost! (over $200 worth of gear has been sent back in the last 2weeks)

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Try hving it shipped to some one alses house. I have had alot of things shipped to my grandmothers house because of the same issue with me

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

that's not a bad idea! i could only imagine the look on my grandmas face if she opened a digital fuse holder! "why Is my grandson sending bombs to my house" haha! I'll start sending stuff to my parents house in my Lil bros name

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Rofl yea mine would flip to if she sall that but she done open my packages and i alwats tell her

141 on music.

ok, wish i had a local shop to support because sooner or later i fear they will be gone. I'll have to wait until the rest of my stuff gets tracked down before i order more. thanks guys.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

• 3 weeks later...

I feel ya on the local shops. We have like 2 and a half that haven't quit trying. One has quite a few good things jl audio xs batteries, stinger. And another has lots of kicker Rockford fosgate, a wide selection of power wire. Problem is they want to charge almost double what you can get the stuff for online. I guess they depend on people buying it on credit. None of them have heard of a dd1. As far as getting stuff delivered, my street has Anne in the name and it's listed on the postal address as ann. Sometimes my stuff gets returned also.

Archived