diff fluid for 99 Durango?

got a 99 4x4 Durango and I've searched the web for hours and can't find what kind of fluid you put in the front And rear axel of a 99 Durango. can someome help!? a brand and type Would be great! thanks in advance!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

got a 99 4x4 Durango and I've searched the web for hours and can't find what kind of fluid you put in the front And rear axel of a 99 Durango. can someome help!? a brand and type Would be great! thanks in advance!

First you need to know if it has LSD or an open diff. Im sure you know how to check it, if not let me know and I can type it out for you. If it has a LSD, id recommend a 75w-90 like a lucas oil or mobil1. Also if it has a LSD MAKE SURE YOU USE a friction modifier in with it or you'll be one sad dodge owner per say. If it has an open diff, this is the best stuff (75w-90) that you can use for it.

heres a link to the mobil1 to read on it if you want:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Other_Products/Mobil_1_Fully_Synthetic_Gear_Lube_75W-90LS.aspx

Let me know if you have an questions man.

i have no idea if its a lsd or open. I've owned it for 4 months and plan On selling it very soon. I'm just trying to get everything tuned up for the next owner so they dont have a list of stuff to do as soon as they get it. I've done oil change, plugs wires, Cap, new brakes, topped off all fluids even windshield wiper fluid. shampoo the carpets... everything! my last and final step is the diff fluid. if it does have a lsd what friction modifier should i use? thanks for all the help!

to check Jack up the rear end put in neutral if they dont spin it's lsd if they do it's open diff right?

i just squeeze the bottle into the little black bushing behind both axels right? sorry for all the questions first 4x4!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i have no idea if its a lsd or open. I've owned it for 4 months and plan On selling it very soon. I'm just trying to get everything tuned up for the next owner so they dont have a list of stuff to do as soon as they get it. I've done oil change, plugs wires, Cap, new brakes, topped off all fluids even windshield wiper fluid. shampoo the carpets... everything! my last and final step is the diff fluid. if it does have a lsd what friction modifier should i use? thanks for all the help!

to check Jack up the rear end put in neutral if they dont spin it's lsd if they do it's open diff right?

I'm sure there's an easier way, but the obvious way to check is to lift the rear wheels off the ground while in neutral and spin one hard. If the opposite wheel spins the same direction, you have limited slip differential, if they spin opposite directions you have an open differential. I believe there are badges/decals that say "Traction Lock" or something like that if it's an LSD equipped Durango.

If it's an R/T I think they -all- had the LSD.

open the glovebox and it should have a white piece of paper taped in. shoudl say something if it has an lsd or open. but if its open and you have dont need a friction modifier then 80w90 would be just fine.

06 v6 Mustangbig 3Mechman 270 Hybrid G2 interstate batteriesBC3500 wired at 12 Sundown x-10 D4's

so either way 75w-90 but if it's a lsd i use a friction mod. Is there a certain kind of friction mod to use and what is the ratio of friction mod and oil? I'm sorry again this Is the first time I've done this. and what about the front Axel? guessing that's just a open diff so the 75w-90 no friction mod? so sorry just dont want a 2ton paper weight!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff