Second Skin Audio

From what I've read the CLD dampener only requires you to cover 25% of surface you are trying to reduce rattle from. So if I have a 2002 reg cab sierra with one 12 and was planing on using 100 sq ft of another brand dampener I could order 40 sq ft and get much better results? The only reason I ask is because on the videos or pictures I see of installs people have used it covering about 90% of the area and I'm just trying to figure why I'm assuming its mainly because of the massive systems in them.

Could I also just spray in spectrum and get the same results with a couple gallons?

that all depends on the other brand deadener. The reason why more installs have alot more deadener is just like you said massive systems but also the nature of the game few people take pics and do builds that are reasonable. I used to work for a second skin dealer and went way overboard on my car as well. and i can tell you from experience 100% + coverage like i did was not needed. I wasted money by doing that. Also the hard part is every car is going to be different.

You can spray in spectrum just remember that it takes a while to dry and you dont want to spray it to thin

Oh also food for thought:

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sound-deadening-fabrication/105520-vibration-test-results-p-s-not-p-s-question.html

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

that all depends on the other brand deadener. The reason why more installs have alot more deadener is just like you said massive systems but also the nature of the game few people take pics and do builds that are reasonable. I used to work for a second skin dealer and went way overboard on my car as well. and i can tell you from experience 100% + coverage like i did was not needed. I wasted money by doing that. Also the hard part is every car is going to be different.

You can spray in spectrum just remember that it takes a while to dry and you dont want to spray it to thin

Oh also food for thought:

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/sound-deadening-fabrication/105520-vibration-test-results-p-s-not-p-s-question.html

Thanks that's a good read. Thanks a lot