j_1990 Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 Hey everyone I need some advice with an enclosure I'm building. Its in a 1989 Chevy Silverado single cab truck. I have 2 Sundown Audio Sd-2 10 inch subs gonna put them in separate boxes behind my driver and passenger seats. I've done the measurements already and each box can be 1.2 cu ft each. So my question is with this size of box would it sound better if I left them sealed or put a port in them? How big should the port be? I'm looking for loud bass. Also I will be powering them with an Alpine MRP M1000 giving them 500watts a piece.
truthsayer Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 Why two separate boxes? Why not go with one box so they can share a port. Either wait or contact Joe x for the box. truthsayer
jarrius Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 Ported would be the best if you want loud bass. Also you need to post the max dimensions you can use so the designers can have mesurements to work with. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
j_1990 Posted January 27, 2014 Author Report Posted January 27, 2014 I would do a full box but I have a center console that lifts up between each seat and its hard to fit anything behind there. The max dimensions I have is 18in height, 19in width, and 7 in deep.
j_1990 Posted January 27, 2014 Author Report Posted January 27, 2014 Where would be the best place to put a port? Top of the box or on the side
j_1990 Posted January 27, 2014 Author Report Posted January 27, 2014 Forgot to add I build a sealed box yesterday for behind my drivers seat and tried it out and it didn't sound very loud at all. I still have some mdf wood left so I'm gonna try to build a ported box today and see how different it sounds. Im gonna compare the two
jarrius Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 With the dimentions you posted im seeing 1.3 cubes before any displacement. If thats correct you do not have the space for 2 10's and bairly enouph for 1. Sundown recommends 1 cube per 10 after all displacements. I think the best bet would to build a sealed box with the dimentions you have and put both in the same box. They recommend .5 for each 10 in a sealed. http://www.sundownaudio.com/index.php/products/subwoofers/item/sd-series.html 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
CleanSierra Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 He has those dimensions X2 I believe, one box for the left at those dimensions and one box for the right at those dimensions. If you run a single chambered box, you have to account for that center console coming down and there needs to be a section notched out of the enclosure. If you're wanting to run ported, port placement is kind of tricky. You could do a single 4" aeroport in each box maybe firing UP. I don't think you have enough clearance in the box to do one firing at each pillar. Also, you mentioned that you have 7" of depth. Is that the bottom depth or top depth? If you make a wedge that follows the angle of the seat, you can squeeze more room. Take a tape measure and get to depth and bottom depth measurements to find out absolute max dimensions with the leg room you're willing to be "ok" with. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jarrius Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 Oooo ok. Then yes for 1 ported on each side you will be ok. And dont listen to me lol cleansierra lnows way way more 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.