Second Skin Audio

99 Infiniti I30 TRunk BoX

Desousa93

how much bigger if the sub displaces 0.17 cuft

I think you just answered your own question.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

how much bigger if the sub displaces 0.17 cuft

I think you just answered your own question.

:roflmao:

if it still falls into the sealed optimal displacement i could keep it and make it 1.33cuft sealed and 1.5cuft ported.. it barely changed on winisd

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

i got this been working for 2 hours (my first time on sketchup) but this is my plan for the box. external part of port will go thru armrest

Green is the Xcon

Red is the portxcon4th3_D.jpg

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Looks like you are making good progress. I'm afraid your port might end too close to the back wall though. You want it to be at least one port width away.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

might say screw the 4th order and do a regular ported box.. i have roughly 5.8 cu ft to work with.. maybe 2 12's Xcons in 5.5 cu ft tuned to 27 hz? lol

16"x31.5"x20 = 10,080 cu Inches = 5.83 cu ft? (outer dimensions...thanks Triticum)

Just keep in mind the dimensions you used were the outside of the box, its the inside that matters. Assuming 3/4" material you get 14.5" x 30" x 18.5" = 4.65 cubic feet. If you use a double baffle, which would be a good idea, you will end up with even less.

So out of that 4.65 you have to subtract the space the subs use up, which for 12" Xcons is .17 cu ft each, and the space the port is going to use up, which could be anywhere from .5 to 1.0+ cubic feet, depending on the style of port. So now you are left with 3.3-3.8 cu ft of net airspace. This is what your subs will see and is the number that matters.

Builds:

3.3-3.8 cu ft.. hmmm maybe one 12 xcon ported?

can i run the sub facing the trunk and the port thru the arm rest?

3.3-3.8 cu ft.. hmmm maybe one 12 xcon ported?

can i run the sub facing the trunk and the port thru the arm rest?

If sound quality is of any importance to you you want the sub and port to be close together. Its one thing to do subs up, port back in a SUV where they are both firing into the same space, but to do sub back, port through the arm rest would not be a good idea IMHO. The output from each is not going to integrate together like you want it to at all. If you want the most output the best option would be to have both the sub and port forward and seal the box and cabin off from the rest of the trunk. If you don't want to do that do sub back, port back.

Builds:

Archived