Sonic Electronix

What path do i take for what i want?

i would say look into either a pair of sq 12s or a fi bl 15. tune the box low like 30hz if it's the 12s I'd build a 5ft box with a big port. the 15 inch sub I'd go 3.5cubic feet with a big port both boxes tuned from 30-35hz either aused pair of sq 12s or a new fi bl 15 is in the 300 price range. as far as amps you can find a very very good amp. my boy is selling a sq 2200 Amp for $200 and that would be more then enough for either choice. I'm.not saying buy that amp but they're are plenty great ones In that range. plan on another $150 for wires and other accessories. another $75 for building the box. hope this helps

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

thanks for the input AJ, i am leaning towards the 2 12" option. i think I'm going to go with bighoss's suggestion on the 2 SA-12's since i think they look awesome and have heard nothing but good reviews. the SQ 2200 for 200 bucks sounds like a hell of a deal and it looks like a good choice. my concern there is I'm running stock electrical atm, does a bigger amp put me at risk since it will probably be under powered or will it just limit the amount i can turn it up? i have no idea what problems i would be running into with under powered electrical.

thanks for the estimates on the other stuff too. this is a big project for me and the additional information is all helpful.

If anyone knows someone looking to sell off an SA-12 or 2 let me know please.

what Size is your alt? I'm running a ct 1400.1 it does 2400w rms at 1ohm (which I'm running it at) i have a 136Amp alt and 2 batteries. i don't drop below13.2 ever! it's usually between 13.8 & 14.2 on full tilt. so you should be ok. just be sure to do your big 3 with at least 0g wire and upgrading from a normal car bat to a good amg battery will help allot!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

what Size is your alt? I'm running a ct 1400.1 it does 2400w rms at 1ohm (which I'm running it at) i have a 136Amp alt and 2 batteries. i don't drop below13.2 ever! it's usually between 13.8 & 14.2 on full tilt. so you should be ok. just be sure to do your big 3 with at least 0g wire and upgrading from a normal car bat to a good amg battery will help allot!

It looks like the stock alt on my 06 corolla is either 80 or 90 Amps. the AGM battery should be a problem, and i can probably get a couple for free, but can you give me a few that you would suggest so i can get one rated the same from my source?

you mean batteries? the optima yellow tops are great under the hood bats. and of coarse theres xs and stinger. I'm in no way a battery guy so I'd look for more info from someone else on that. right now i have a yellow top in the rear and a normal bat under the hood. but I'm selling my car very very soon and the yellow top will go under the hood then a 2400-3000w stinger in the rear.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

upgrade your alt. And if you can get a SQ2200 for $200 jump on it. Of course do the big 3 upgrade. As far as batteries go, when it comes to car audio i dont think there is any better than XS batts. To many horror stories on the optima's, i know my son always had issues. Once he went to the XS power batts, he has had zero issues. For your componets i would look into RF, they are pretty decent quality for the price value. For subs if your on a budget and one quality for the dollar SA's are fine, but with that amp. I would go with two american bass XFL's. Good luck on what ever you decide.

truthsayer

Archived