Sonic Electronix

What path do i take for what i want?

Hi Everybody,

I'm sure this is obvious already by my non-existent post count but I'm new here. i have been doing some reading around the forums here and i have not been able to find answers to some questions i have, and i don't trust the results of my Google searches since everyone seems to have a different answer. what I'm looking for is the deep rumble, chest pounding and vibrations throughout my car but I'm not sure what would work best for that within my budget. my initial system was a 12" hifonics zeus sub ( the all black one, not the newer blue ones) running off of a small like 250 watt RMS amp in a 2008 impala. i paid to have it installed and they threw it in a prefab and wired it up with one channel running to the positive and the other channel running to the negative (i have no idea what that's called.) anyways some jackass broke into my car stole the sub and the box and decided to cut all the wires for fun. so i picked up some kicker comp subs in a prefab used from a buddy of mine for 100 bucks. i rewired the first sub using the same method mentioned above for my other sub expecting a somewhat similar sound/ feel and instead i got a dud. no pound, no shakes nothing. i have them wired up using 1 channel per sub currently and I'm still very unhappy with the results. i want to surpass the pounding power of the first set-up with my future build but i need direction and advise.

Skipping the rest of the story I'm now in a 06 corolla (yay seats that fold down) and i have gotten wife approval for a small build, i plan to seal the trunk but I'm lost on what i should use for all the hardware.

so lets start with the basic questions:

1. Would a 12" sub or 15" sub be better suited for car shaking bass?

2. When i go to build a box (which will be a first for me) where would i see the best results as far as tuning?

3.Would i see better results from a single sub or 2 subs? (i understand that this would be very different depending on which subs are used but lets assume a 500 dollar limit for subs and amp suggestions are very much appreciated)

4. Is there a box design that will give the sub/subs more pounding power or will the rectangle work the same as a T-box?

5. I will be swapping out the current 6X9's and 6.5's in the corolla but I'm not sure what ones to go with to keep up with the new bass. (my impala has the alpine type S 6X9's.)

6. I've browsed around for an upgraded alternator encase that needs to be done but I'm not seeing one for a 06 corolla. Are there any companies who are good about making a non standard upgrade for a fair price?

7. What materials are used to make the glossy plastic-like pieces I've seen in some builds? I'm wanting to make a beauty panel to cover the front of the box and all the other material sealing it off from the cabin.

Any help is appreciated and please don't tare into me to bad, i would like to learn as much as i can. Suggestions are appreciated!

2 Rockford p3 12s and a Rockford prime 1200 should be around 500$

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

2 Rockford p3 12s and a Rockford prime 1200 should be around 500$

u can get way more for the money. Buy used. Much better pricing.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

You can get loud for $500, a couple used sundown sa12s and a used aq1200 is what i'd do

this all day jump all over it... AQ/SQ also has really good deals on budget subs

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Sounds like you want more low end breath taking type bass....all in the box my friend. I personally don't understand the box making process but this forum is filled with "boxsteins"...which is why I joined. I also would consider buying used...I personally don't buy much new stuff at all, although I'm into the older stuff. Good luck and pick whichever stuff you will end up happy with...don't end up saying "I shoulda did it that way"

Archived