artl666 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 hey all I am looking into getting a new setup and would like some opinions before I order. the system will be going in an 02 alero in a ported box. the subs I am looking at are the re audio sxx15d2. I plan on running 2 of these. the amps I am looking at are hifonics brx2000.1d one amp for each sub. how do you think this setup would be? think the subs will handle the power of these amps. any info on this setup would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Guest Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 how much are you looking to spend for woofers and an amp? re woofers arent all theyre cut out to be. same with hifonics. if you really want to run 4000rms, you NEED a high output alt and batteries. so a good like $800-1000 in electrical upgrades.
artl666 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 I have the power system needed already and planned on spending between 800 to 1000 on 2 15s and amps.
thefourth Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 You think your going to fit 15's in an Alero trunk? Hm.. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
agf144 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 For around that price you can get 2 Soundqubed hdc3 15s. Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
artl666 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 ill look into those subs. and yes 2 15s in an alero. I plan on using the spare tire well I have a plan drawn out which would give me 2 separate chambers from 4 to 5 cubic feet each.
agf144 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 ill look into those subs. and yes 2 15s in an alero. I plan on using the spare tire well I have a plan drawn out which would give me 2 separate chambers from 4 to 5 cubic feet each. gross or net? whats your tuning? and have u subtracted the displacement for the subs, port, bracing, etc? Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
artl666 Posted February 8, 2014 Author Report Posted February 8, 2014 that is net and I will be using slot port tuned to 34 to 35 hz
agf144 Posted February 9, 2014 Report Posted February 9, 2014 have fun building that in the trunk Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
Guest Posted February 9, 2014 Report Posted February 9, 2014 I have the power system needed already and planned on spending between 800 to 1000 on 2 15s and amps. so you DO have a 250+ amp high output alternator? not from ebay? and at least two secondary group 31 batteries? if you want a real 4k amp, you're gonna have to spend like $800.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.