Can i get some exhaust help please

So, rather than trust random reviews on places like amazon, i want to ask you guys about mufflers. Currently i have the 49.99 junker that i think that baffles went out in after i had it for 3 months. Now i could go to the shop and get an "oem" for like 89. But i would rather do better if i can.

My goal is not to hear my damn exhaust. I like my cars quiet. Its a 87 accord with a 2.0l so, no rice crap please.

Another thing i want to mention is the guy at the shop said someone cut off the catalytic converter and put pipe in its place and if they put one in it could help reduce noise. I have heard people talk about resonators but would like to know how much truth there is to that.

Thanks guys

p.s.,

To sum up

looking for a quiet muffler

should i put the catalytic converter back on?

resonators tone out the "poppyness" i believe.

cut out the cat? LOL. at least for my car, a catless exhaust is much louder than a catted exhaust.

edit: im an idiot. i thought the mechanic was telling you to cut the cat out. but yes, installing a cat would make the exhaust quieter.

ok, i'll have them put a cat back in and all i need now is, do i just get the oem muffler or is there a better option in the $100 range?

if you want to get quiet then stock is the way to go.. i only know how to make my exhaust loud so dont know what gets you quiet or if there are better than stock... i like my dbs to much to use stock mufflers lol

Archived