Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

vvxtline.png

On mobile can't make embedded link right now if someone reposts that would be nice. My latest sketch up for a ten. Tuning is Roughly 30-31hz :)

Will be doing small 45's in the bends and rounding over all interior pieces. Just didn't feel like getting into small details in sketchup. Already have all my wood cut.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Best way to put two mofo poweracoustik 122x in 2002Ford focus hatch

Like you own status and not give us dimensions. :rolleyes:

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well I'm contemplating doin a t line for a sub with like a 9-10 inch mounting depth ... So would inverting the sub be more ideal than like a chamber or lots of spacing ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Well I'm contemplating doin a t line for a sub with like a 9-10 inch mounting depth ... So would inverting the sub be more ideal than like a chamber or lots of spacing ?

My sketch up above has a chamber if you want to call it that. It seems from alot of stuff that I am reading that the chamber wont affect it because its larger than the the rest of the line..but that it still adds to length. I removed that 45 thats in the sketch..i was up late and seemed like a good idea around 2am sketching it lol.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Dimensions are 42w 24d at bottom 18d on top and 18h don't know if I should use two bamf 5500 or one and I have a rear deck

If you do a T-line you are essentially Free airing your subs. I dont know what the BAMF5500 puts out but I know its not anywhere close to 5.5K(200amps of fusing).... that being said those subs are rated at 1500wRMS which I doubt being they are 2.5"vc and their specs that they post arent very impresive.

Still if you getting 1500w out of it that would probably be more than enought for two of the MOFO12's in a T-line (1/4 wave) enclosure.

Are you even asking for help with a T-line or do you just want a regular ported box?? You don't have anywhere close to enough room for a T-line. Mine is 50" x 16 x 15 for just one 10.

So I recommend a ported box..nothing fancy just a slot port or Aero if you have the money for one. Send me a PM. Ill sketch one up for you when I get some free time at home. Since there are no specs Ill go with somehting similar thats a 12.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I got a pdf on subs and amp wat do u recommend I use a ported and can I fit 15s cant putt subs up I have a rear deck and 40 w

Did you already buy the subs and two amps or just one amp?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived