Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

nether but all my mids tweets and amp are poweracoustik

Will nows your chance to change and get away from that before you make bigger purchases.

Send me a Private message on here to keep the extra talk out of this thread Ill help you pick some better equipment out for your space and budget.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

how do I do that

I sent you one. look at your little mail icon at the top left.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well I'm contemplating doin a t line for a sub with like a 9-10 inch mounting depth ... So would inverting the sub be more ideal than like a chamber or lots of spacing ?

My sketch up above has a chamber if you want to call it that. It seems from alot of stuff that I am reading that the chamber wont affect it because its larger than the the rest of the line..but that it still adds to length. I removed that 45 thats in the sketch..i was up late and seemed like a good idea around 2am sketching it lol.

So would the width (that runs parallel to the opening of the line ) be the length it adds ? ... It actually seems like this won't be an issue for me given how big my line area is going to have to be but might be helpful for someone else lol ... If I go through with this idea there's gonna be some haters .. and the box is gonna be beyond huge ... More like gynormous lol ... I'm just curious if sub up port back is still ideal for suv application with a t line , that's the orientation I'm planning to use , if not I guess back to the drawing board lol ... Any take on sub vs port placement for an suv application Mr hammer ?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Well I'm contemplating doin a t line for a sub with like a 9-10 inch mounting depth ... So would inverting the sub be more ideal than like a chamber or lots of spacing ?

My sketch up above has a chamber if you want to call it that. It seems from alot of stuff that I am reading that the chamber wont affect it because its larger than the the rest of the line..but that it still adds to length. I removed that 45 thats in the sketch..i was up late and seemed like a good idea around 2am sketching it lol.

So would the width (that runs parallel to the opening of the line ) be the length it adds ? ... It actually seems like this won't be an issue for me given how big my line area is going to have to be but might be helpful for someone else lol ... If I go through with this idea there's gonna be some haters .. and the box is gonna be beyond huge ... More like gynormous lol ... I'm just curious if sub up port back is still ideal for suv application with a t line , that's the orientation I'm planning to use , if not I guess back to the drawing board lol ... Any take on sub vs port placement for an suv application Mr hammer ?

From the sub to the center of the "port" (im not sure what else to call it) its 4" wide so 2 inches up from the bottom. I think thats correct but I have been schooled by more knowledgeable people on here more than few times...Hopefully I have this right lol. IDK in your particular SUV but in my friends grand cherokee his box was loudest (by ear) was sub and port back...

I have heard two different ideas on sub and port placement on the box itself. Some people seem to think that the port needs to be on a different side/face of the box than the sub or away from the sub face....but some say it doesnt matter or it should be close.

The current line I have now has the port end right next to the sub and it sounds good to me (and gets pretty loud for what it is)...my next line and the one I'm building now..the port is still exiting on the front baffle where the sub is but at the opposit end of the line.. It could work well or not..but I guess its more of a trial and error process for me.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Thanks for the info buddy I guess i need to design it with sub and port back instead ... I'm going for ear not termlab lol ... I'm gonna shoot for a design like the one your doing now :)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

Thanks for the info buddy I guess i need to design it with sub and port back instead ... I'm going for ear not termlab lol ... I'm gonna shoot for a design like the one your doing now :)

If you want any help or have dims and want a sketchup I can do one for you.. Im a super noob at it..but I'm getting there. Another thing to think about is doing it so its almost equal in heigth and depth so you can Rotate it up and try subs/port up also to see if its louder by ear. Every car is different so 1 suv my be one way and yours another.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

I'm gettin purdy good with sketchup myself lol .. took me some fiddling with it though for sure .. I don't have dimensions yet because I haven't found the perfect truck to buy ( looking for a 01-06 Yukon denali XL .. but has to have second row buckets and be black or white with a decent price to mile ratio lol ) .. but its gonna be for an hdc3 18 copper coil ... It will probably suck but I just wanna do it lol ... But if the design ends up being able to fit in my civic ill throw it in there first just for giggles

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

I don't think it will suck. It will probably surprise the hell out of you. With the last couple I built they surpassed the same woofer in ported box(to spec) by ear since I don't have a meter..but thats what counts to me anyways. Hell sometimes even get louder than a woofer bigger in a ported box...I did a T-line for a friends JBL 8 that got lower louder than a comp10 on close to the same power...

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Archived