Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Is that 1/2 inch mdf or that dark brown 1/4 " hardwood ? i was sincerely going to do that by kerfing 3/4 mdf except instead of bending the kerfs toward the port i was gonna fold it backwards and fill in the back with liquid nails and great stuff foam spray...but i think from my researching that for some reason the rounded bends are not as "good" for some reason...i remember a post a guy adam wrote 6 years ago in one of the first pages of this "6 year long forum" and altho confusing ( i gatherd that true circular bends-same as above and same as i did in my sketch up above a page back ) are not as efficient for some reason. now this topic of round vs. 45's i would love to know what the professionals think regarding this...it wasnt till i dove in to the tline rhealm till i even found out about the ability to kerf/round bends in mdf by searching u tube lol -

i would say yes to your idea permitted the cavity be filled with "great stuff" to achieve a consistent density to 3/4 mdf ....but im an amature asking the questions so maybe someone can enlighten me a bit more on the facts or stipulations revolving around this confusing subject...(confusing to me anyways)

^ might be a bit low in the tuning, but youll soon find out when you test it,

It should be good. Its for a VVX10 with a FmS of 26hz. Im actually powdercoating the frame right now and will have it reconed here in a few days. I wanted it to be low.

Is that 1/2 inch mdf or that dark brown 1/4 " hardwood ?

Its 3/4" mdf you get from lowes/home depot.

On the subject of 45's and rounding the corners. In the SPL thread i'm pretty sure more people had losses when using 45's. I took the 45's out of my old tline i made for a home audio sub and by ear i can notice a little difference. Might have to do with the 45's taking up interior space in the line itself.IDK though im not an expert.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

are you using resin inside the box for performance or by hardening the wood or is it just a way to seel it ?

also if anyone has any help they can give or any tips i have a sketch up done a few posts up -im going to be using 45's instead of the shown round bends...any better ideas or bracing i should do ?

after reading this post from the beginning since it started in 2006 i have a overload of tline obsession, i really just want some veiws on my box from all the "pros" who make up this forum

Im using resin to seal up the box. This box is built right...no mechanical fastners...its all dados and rabbits and fits together like a puzzle LOL. the problem was durin glue up I must have missed a 1inch area on the baffle and I know its gonna leak...resin is the only way I can think to reach the inside.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

awesome ! im workin on gettin a router ..........thank you for your answers ..also i know mdf that question about the hardwood was for a pic by ChatroN -

I think its still 3/4 if im not mistaken. you are talking about the picture witht the tubing cut for the corners correct?

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

yes correct except i was referring to the tubing in the sence that as it is now i would think that being thinner it wouldnt have the same density as the mdf - wether that matters or not i dont know i just remember seeing it common to great stuff the cavitys behind the 45's...wether for airtightness or density i dont know

Here was my attempt at making a quarterwave let me know what you all think... i dont know if i like it yet or not then again i have never used a subwoofer smaller than a 12" this is a sundown Sa8v2 powered by a sundown sax125.2 rated at 400rms ... i guess i was just expecting alot louder out of the subwoofer maybe i did something wrong???

https://www.facebook...&type=1

i dont know how to upload photos sorry

Archived