Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Hey, is this a good box for pure spl?? i am planing on building a fully SPL sub setup and im wonderin gif this is the way to go, i will be pushing around 4000wrms, to a fully loaded 15''BTL, i have lots of room, also if it is SPL oriented any suggestions on the tuning for a design like this??

any help would be great, thanx,

Iam in Cali VADD

Yeah, I think they would make a great hardcore spl set up, Ive heard of 160s, high 150s useing tlines. That guy from TTB did - or designed- 2- 15"s in a wall tline and hit some high 150s for daily driveing, and it looked clean, I would love to have heard that one

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Wow, that was my first reply/post on SMD since it changed over... I dunno why it wouldnt let me before

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i wanna do a tline for an arc audio KAR 12S4, but would 23.6 hz be too low? what would happen if chose to tune it higher?

Impedance : 4 ohm

Resonant frequency : 23.6Hz

Sensitivity : 87 db

RMS power handling : 250 watts/ 400 peak

Electrical "Q" : .764

Mechanical "Q" : 6.173

Total "Q" : .680

Equivalent volume: 117.64L

One way linear: 8 mm

Mounting depth : 6.5"

sheephotdog-1.gif logoblack.jpg

1999 Eclipse N/T

12'' Fi BTL

Gp3000d

PM D3100

Iam in Cali VADD

Yeah, I think they would make a great hardcore spl set up, Ive heard of 160s, high 150s useing tlines. That guy from TTB did - or designed- 2- 15"s in a wall tline and hit some high 150s for daily driveing, and it looked clean, I would love to have heard that one

i dont think its a tline, he has a folded horn i believe

bored on this Turkey day, I have been messing with the bass eq. After cutting 63hz down to -4, and boost -+0 on the deck, I cross over on the amp modded to where I can change the boost freq as far as Q which right now is 1.1Q with a 5db boost between 38-40hz... I have found the perfect boost/cuts for the box/cabin tunning. I dont care what anyone says, 125rms- RMS-Mono- 1 channel only, When I get track 17 on Jeezy's Thug Motivation, and the deck is up to 30, and the sub gain is zero'd- middle, its painful to listen to the song and have to lower the volumn after about 1-2 minutes. Painfull as in my head rattles, chest feels alot of pressure. And these are just some 600-800 watt max 2" vc subwoofers, based on SQ, in a CRX style SPL/SQL T-line box...... Begging to get a meter job here.. haha

I would like to see peaks/dips, to get a better box built in the future to gain absolute max spl... Hell, my speaker wire Iam testing with is just 18 gauge, and is not even warming up yet... pretty funny if you ask me.

What is 1.1 Q?

its the Q bandwidth of the bass boost, 1.1q is somewhat peaky, a 0.5Q would be a little wider

sundown.jpg

Hey babyjoker, That wouldnt be the best sub in the world to use, but if you do use it, it would more than likely be a 1 note wonder. Might want to stick to a Ported, or larger sealed box

sundown.jpg

Archived