Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

for that sub, I would try and concentrate on the FS as close as possible due to it being such a high Qts sub, it more than likely wont sound as good as your expecting, it will concentrate on tunning/FS and wont stray to much outside the tuning

BUT, a tline bandpass maybe a better choice for you, well, for 1 of the 2-12s anyways, 2-12s in a iso loaded bandpass tline would slam also

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Possibly.

Go ahead and shoot.

i'll have to get back to you tomorrow with that, cant find a damn tape.

for that sub, I would try and concentrate on the FS as close as possible due to it being such a high Qts sub, it more than likely wont sound as good as your expecting, it will concentrate on tunning/FS and wont stray to much outside the tuning

BUT, a tline bandpass maybe a better choice for you, well, for 1 of the 2-12s anyways, 2-12s in a iso loaded bandpass tline would slam also

theyre 10's.

lol

but...

youre saying that it wont play higher/lower than what i tune to?

so it'd be stuck to 33hz?

just making sure i understood your post.

thanks yall

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

it will play above and boyond the 33hz, it will

BUT, its going to be peakier, if seen on a graph, it will have a frequency response that will look more like a spl style box, over a sq style box

it will be a steeper slope on the low and high beyond 33hz

thats why one of the requirments to run subs in a transmission line are low Qts, low Qms, low Qes

0.20-0.40 qts is perfect

single digit Qms prefered

and Qes is usually a tad higher than Qts

Fs between 20-40hz also

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ive got the Fs but not the others.

so it wont sound very good?

ive also heard that its easy to blow the p1's, any truth to this?

sry about the million questions i just wanna make sure ive got it before i waste money on something that ends up being shit

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

ive got the Fs but not the others.

so it wont sound very good?

ive also heard that its easy to blow the p1's, any truth to this?

sry about the million questions i just wanna make sure ive got it before i waste money on something that ends up being shit

blowing speakers is user error. Unless it is a manufacture defect.

yep, user failure- Most people I have installed P1s for are usually just looking for that quick fix to get some beat in there car, then eventually turn gains up, boosts up, expecting the subs to play louder, hit harder. Most people just getting in to audio will start off with a lower end sub like a P1 expecting more bass, and eventually go up and up.

So hearing those comments about that sub blowing easy is user failure like Azn said

just about ANY sub blowing is user issue

well, or installer

sundown.jpg

i meant to say easy tp blow them when you port them.

but i figured it was idiots using the bass boost too much.

only time i use my bass knob is when im listening to a rock song with next to nothing for bottom end, then i just turn the knob up a little

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters

i meant to say easy tp blow them when you port them.

but i figured it was idiots using the bass boost too much.

only time i use my bass knob is when im listening to a rock song with next to nothing for bottom end, then i just turn the knob up a little

if think they blow easier when you port them than the problem is with the enclosure

OK, I tried really hard to read through this hoping to find my answer (17 pages was a little much), so I apologize if this is a repeated question. I want to build a T line for my Explorer. I have the third row, so not to much depth with the seats up. I wanted to use a kicker sub

12" CVR

VAS 92.82

Fs 26.8

Qts. .561

Xmax 11.5

Can't find spec for 8" or 10" CVR

If someone could give me dimensions of box, it would be appreciated. The space I have to work with is 46w x 18h x 12d

Archived