Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

so i came up with 35.6 Hz, the best I can do

what do you think, am I gonna have a lot of flutter

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

ok so I slapped one togehter, and WOW... its more than I thought it would be!!! I have a few leaks, cause like I said I slapped it together quick... I need to add another baffle to the front and seal it up good, prolly wrap all the corners and joints with a little glass. but right now its powered by the big bell, and still has my SQ settings on it fron the sealed box. What i'm told from the Audiocontroll is a 144 at the headrest, I think it will go up a little once i fix the air leacks and give it a little more power. what do you guys think. input is appreciated

sorry took pic with my phone

Posted Image

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

ok so I slapped one togehter, and WOW... its more than I thought it would be!!! I have a few leaks, cause like I said I slapped it together quick... I need to add another baffle to the front and seal it up good, prolly wrap all the corners and joints with a little glass. but right now its powered by the big bell, and still has my SQ settings on it fron the sealed box. What i'm told from the Audiocontroll is a 144 at the headrest, I think it will go up a little once i fix the air leacks and give it a little more power. what do you guys think. input is appreciated

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/j.../mojoturned.jpg

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/jhmeg2/mojo.jpg

Looks Identical to mine.

Posted Image

You know what I would do to help solve the strength issue?

if you have a router, I would just double layer the top, front/back bottom, if you can the sides..

whatever way you layed the wood originally in the build,, lay it on top with a shit load of glue, tack it down, or screw it

my first few tlines rattles like hell too

so how do you like it?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

On a side not, this is something I think I may work on in awhile

Its somewhat like WickedOne box I guess, I was bored the last 20 mins, and came up with this would fit perfectly in the back of the Denali too

Could be an expensive acrylic window http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/forevrbumpn/bandpass15s.jpg[/im

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/forevrbumpn/bandpass15z.jpg[/img

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q248/forevrbumpn/bandpass1521.jpg[/img

looks badass, if you do build it let us know how it went

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

i kinda wanna try this out but im not sure if i have enough room.

sub is a 15"

FS is 36.7

Qts is .25

Qes is .26

the biggest the box can be is 36x16x22

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

You know what I would do to help solve the strength issue?

if you have a router, I would just double layer the top, front/back bottom, if you can the sides..

whatever way you layed the wood originally in the build,, lay it on top with a shit load of glue, tack it down, or screw it

my first few tlines rattles like hell too

so how do you like it?

HOLLY $^!% knee grow... I love it, and it dosnt rattle

OiRYFHf.png

HOLLY $^!% knee grow... I love it, and it dosnt rattle

awesome man, yeah mojos make good tline woofers

Ive done alot of tlines with Mojos and Kove Armegedons, only once with the newer M basket M3 mojos, never with the brand spanking new mojos

Aznboi, I know, it would be tuned in the 60hz area, great for burping, or high tuned bass race songs, techno/rock

like I said, I ust started drawing it out, and was done within 20mins, and posted it

I personally have lots of experience doing these style bandpass tline/horns, and one thing I noticed is to get the lows really strong and solid, you dont need to do a line as long as you would in a standard tline- THAT my friend is a benefit

its like doing a SQ standard bandpass, you can always tune HIGH, in a luxury car a bandpass thru the rear deck tuned to 55hz seems like it would sound like ass, but actually with a RTA you can see a pretty flat freq response from tuning down almost a whole octave

The same works for tline bandpasses, and power handling is increased, bandwidth widens up, its actually can be a better SQ box with more spl average output

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

awesome man, yeah mojos make good tline woofers

Ive done alot of tlines with Mojos and Kove Armegedons, only once with the newer M basket M3 mojos, never with the brand spanking new mojos

Aznboi, I know, it would be tuned in the 60hz area, great for burping, or high tuned bass race songs, techno/rock

like I said, I ust started drawing it out, and was done within 20mins, and posted it

I personally have lots of experience doing these style bandpass tline/horns, and one thing I noticed is to get the lows really strong and solid, you dont need to do a line as long as you would in a standard tline- THAT my friend is a benefit

its like doing a SQ standard bandpass, you can always tune HIGH, in a luxury car a bandpass thru the rear deck tuned to 55hz seems like it would sound like ass, but actually with a RTA you can see a pretty flat freq response from tuning down almost a whole octave

The same works for tline bandpasses, and power handling is increased, bandwidth widens up, its actually can be a better SQ box with more spl average output

so the box that aznboi quoted from you is a SQ box?

im wanting to try something new like that or a t-line, but that one looks like it takes up less room.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

what I drew up, I didnt calculate, it was a Idea, that I will further DESIGN later on, but Iam jobless at the moment, and cant spend the time designing something like that right now, if I have no plans to build it

ONCE its designed, with measurements, and a better platform, yes it will be a more of a SQL box, loud, strong, and clean

sundown.jpg

Archived