Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Well, hopefully I will start building this in a week or so, tuned to 30hz, 140 sq.in. of port( measured from surrounds) 108in. long. For the 2 twelves mentioned earlier. Give me you thoughts, keeping in mind I need to add some bracing for the line walls. Also the top is doubled up 3/4".

Posted Image

94' Suburban

Kenwood HU

RF T3002

2x SAZ-1500D's

2x PG Rsd 6.5's

4x RE SE 12'

Kicker Hyperflex 1/0

...more still to come

• 1 month later...

measure intersections, exit, and behind woofer

for quick reference you can just measure the lines as a whole, you will be off about 2hz, thats not going to hurt to much though...

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Got a hold of some 15s temporarily so I get to use atleast 1 until recone parts come in, so I dusted off, and fumigated for spiders ( 40hz test tones )

And cleaned up my ole Iso loaded bandpass Tline, loaded a sub up in it, and ohh so sweet. This box transforms, so its either a iso bandpass, transmission line, ported, or standard bandpass t-line

Felt good to have some beat playing this low with authority again!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

^^ Ugly white door, I had tossed the old regular MDF door, this will have to do

I built these subs about 3 years ago, I ended up selling them to a friend about a year ago, he loved them so much, he used them as trophy pieces, waiting to find a better sub. He went thru L7s, Type Rs, and a few other subs to name a few, and always went back to these. Couldn't blow them, and couldn't find any subs that sounded better

SO, I'am just reconing these from DVC 4ohm to DVC 1ohm, and adding a 3rd spider, and longer coil winding width

Just thought I'd share

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived