Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

So I am finaly gonna get around to building a neew box for my MOJO... Its has a Fs of 45.73, but the way it comes out on paper to make it fit, it will be tuned to like 30 Hz. what do you guys think? will this work? or is it to low. also I used an Sd of 94.985... I just don't wanna launch a coil ya know. I will be thankfull for any input.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

So I am finaly gonna get around to building a neew box for my MOJO... Its has a Fs of 45.73, but the way it comes out on paper to make it fit, it will be tuned to like 30 Hz. what do you guys think? will this work? or is it to low. also I used an Sd of 94.985... I just don't wanna launch a coil ya know. I will be thankfull for any input.

FS is is too high.

Don't know how that is going to affect it though.

Wait for ForevrBumpN to chime in.

FS is is too high.

Don't know how that is going to affect it though.

Wait for ForevrBumpN to chime in.

took the Fs right off the tech sheet, hey bumpin.... what you think

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Ive done Mojo 12s at 34hz many times, that was the old Fs, but 45? is it the quad coil Mojo?

and if its a quad coil, what are you looking to get out of the sub box combo? spl? sq?

nd ofcourse, what kind of car

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Its a dual 2 running @ 1 ohm off of a big bell. Its in a trailblazer, mostly for a Q setup but I like to beat it up a little.

OiRYFHf.png

Man, Ive had the Belle1300 on a mojo 12" before, and 2- 15s

The bell would work perfect for daily listening, since its the DVC 2ohm you just PMed me, I know it will be fine if you tune it down to 36-38hz, That 45hz has got to be right out the box with NO break in period, because the dvc 2ohm mojos are the triple spider design, not the 4 spider, quad coil deign

once that sub is broken it, it will be fine around those numbers, 36-38

And even though tuned a little higher than normal, the Mojo, even tho a SPL sub, will play lower than Fs due to its low Qts design (low Qts for a SPL woofer)

You should be fine, it will drop alot lower in car response than the 36-38hz tuning

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

when I say 30 Hz... I mean 30!!! Not 30 ish is that to low. I have an MTX 4500 8" tuned @ 39Hz and it peaks at 48Hz. 4ohm with 100 watts doing 134.9 in an envoy (same as trailblazer), so I thought if I tune the MOJO to 30 Hz it would play at like 39-40 ish...

I just don't wanna launch the coil and smoke it ya know.

OiRYFHf.png

optimum tuning for quarterwave is all based on the subwoofers specifications, mainly its natural sonance, wich out of the box is 45hz, but after break in will be about 36-38hz

only other way to get it closest to 30hz is with some sort of bass eq that will bring the gain up a little bit at or close to 30hz

It can some what bypass the subs Fs, if done right on a RTA, you may even to get it pretty flat from 30-38hz

but again, in car response- TRANSFER function, will get the truck booming alot lower than the tuning point, but again will peak higher than tuning

so from tuning to 20hz it may be pretty flat, but from tuning to maybe 55hz or so, you may see some 3-6db peak

if you want to go lower than 30 flat, and peak closer to 30

well, you are going to have to get

1) much bigger woofer, a 18" atleast

2) a huge tline, or ported box tuned lower than 30hz

3) more power

sundown.jpg

hmmm, well. I have an Alpine PXA-H701 in the truck, and a Audiocontrol 3051 on the self to tune with, the get an 18" part, not gonna work cause I still need to carry golf clubs in there lol. I don't need it to peak at 30Hz, I'm just asking if building the enclosure tuned to 30Hz will hurt it. Thanks for the help.

OiRYFHf.png

Archived