Sonic Electronix

I have recently built a new system and need help with either wiring a new battery, adding a second battery, or upgrading to a ho alt. I've upgraded once to a 130amp alt in a ford explorer. I am running a single rockford t2 15 pushed by a t1000bd. 2 8 inch p1s pushed by a t500bd. And 6" punch pros in the front and t1 fillers in the back. I don't want to under power my system or car and I want to know where to go next. Any advice on what to do first would be great. Also if I added a second battery it would not be the same make or age.

In haven't tested the voltage with everything hooked up. I have a Digi cap (it was free) and it is staying around 12.5 but I doubt its very accurate.

its probably accurate, but it may not be very useful to your current electrical.

but yeah do the big 3 like the guy above stated.

voltage while driving will almost always be better than voltage while idling, playing music of course. with the stock alt, i'd stick to turning it down while idling and turning it back up while at cruising speeds.

I should replace my current battery with an xs? Won't that affect my cranking amps? I thought those battery's ( kinetik and xs) were solely for auxiliary power.

i dont believe they're the greatest for cranking power. you can definitely shoot an email over to xs to see what battery fits under the hood of your car and what the cranking, and cold cranking amps are.

I will be doing the big 3 asap. But after tons of research I couldn't figure out if I needed to upgrade my alt. , battery, or add a second. If I added a a second I believe I would need to use a relay isolator. I upgraded from a 90 amp to a 136 amp and it helped with my previous system but I figure this system will be drawing a considerably larger amount of power. So my question would be what would be most efficient, and what size equipment would match my system

Archived