Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 Obsidian Audio 18s


FlashvHD

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just wanted to see what your thoughts on the box I'm planning to build. First off the two 18s will be ran off a soundqubed q2200 at 1 ohm. The box will be around 11.8 cubic feet after displacement tuned to 28 hertz with 3 6 in aero ports. I'm looking for best output but still good sound quality. Thanks for your input

Posted

If I were you and I could fit a pair of 10" areo ports, i'd rather just do that. A little more port area (56.52ft^2 vs 62.8ft^2) and able to have separate chambers for the subs.
Don't really know the subs, can't tell you anything else besides double baffle and brace the hell out of that box.

2001 Civic LX Sedan
Pioneer DEH-7500HD

Big 3 in 1/0 Knu CCA
Rockford P500-4
RF Punch P165-S in doors
RF Punch P165 in rear deck
Front doors deadened with Damplifier

Next
SQ's new HDS208 8" in a T-line whenever it FINALLY COMES OUT I CAN FINALLY AFFORD IT
:dammit:

Bend over and I'll show ya.

how is it 2 days work? half a day at most, i may be an idiot, but im not an idiot.

Posted

I would be very careful, i wouldn't be confident those obsidians can handle the power your about to throw at them.

truthsayer

Posted

Truthsayer is right those subs can handle about 1000 rms each and only rated at 600. Any more than that and u should look at subs with larger coils.

THE DRIVING FORCE

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5316 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...