AASMDBASS Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 Hello, I have a 2014 Ford Explorer with the base model factory cd player/dash (not a touch screen) and I can not find a dash kit OR a wiring harness for this specific factory replacement... I'm looking to install my pioneer DEH 80prs and would love feedback on this topic... Also, does anyone know if worse came to worse and I have to fiberglass the head unit in, if the factory harness also controls the HVAC controls, or is that a separate harness... I don't think I can split the harness if it's all bundled into one, although I could be wrong... Thanks Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
jarrius Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 Does this look like it http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120995828C/Metra-99-5828CH-Factory-Integration-Adapter-Gray.html?tp=3486 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
AASMDBASS Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 Negative. Pioneer DEH 80PRS HU Ascendant Audio SMD 18" Audioque 3500.1D XS Power D3100 Rockford T1 components Rockford P400X4
WastedTalent Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 If it's like mine, which probably is bc gm... uhm, you're fucked. seriously. I have a '14 nox and... we cannot replace the head unit. Not unless you give up features, such as hvac and all. your best option is waiting for alpine... alpine x009. But... good luck with that price tag. last i saw, sonic had it listed for $2500. Yes, 2 thousand 500. I have a sweet alpine... love it. it's just sitting in a box, waiting for a buyer. cause I can't use it. "The first version to market will be the X009-GM, which consists of the 9-inch AVN system and custom external key set for 2007-2013 GM trucks and 2007-2014 GM SUVs with the low-radio dash style." but considering you say yours isn't touch, I'm not 100% on that. Usually, brand new stuff? gotta wait for. Like give it a few years and you'll find an adapter and harness. If you don't need a whole new dash... like the x009. Sheena = pedobear
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.