Component help

dangaranga

So a couple things that I noticed while reading through and want to address:

MDF is easy to work with and sturdy. But it doesn't like moisture, which is fairly abundant inside a door. So next time you have that door apart you need to coat it with something to waterproof it. Something like fiberglass resin or even a primer and paint just to block moisture. I vaguely remember someone mentioning something along these lines so you may have already done it.

If you use MDF to seal the holes in the door, the same will apply.

The other thing is that if you are going to overpower those speakers I would use a high pass filter (hpf) because the crossover doesn't do that. On your amp or on the deck set the hpf to around where your subs lpf are set. So usually around 80hz. 60ish is also fairly common. Other than that good luck and happy listening.

Thanks for the help. For the mdf, i used several layers of rustoleum 2x coverage satin black paint. If that doesnt hold up, i still have almost a full 2 ft by 4 ft section of 1/2 mdf if i need to make a couple more adapters and properly seal them.

And I figured out relatively quickly to turn on the Hpf on the amp, the speakers weren't too happy running full pass with the 4 channels bridged down to 2 channels.

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Archived