Second Skin Audio

anybody have any ideas for a dual ported sub enclosure for 2 RF t1 12"

m720bos

That box will perform perfectly fine, your friend doesn't understand correctly. I don't have the time right now to tell you why he's wrong, just know that he is. Someone else may take the time to explain it but I don't have that time right now.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok so I am ready to build this box and I showed this design to a friend of mine who is also a audio fanatic and he told me that it is not going to perform right like this because the subs wont be pushing air toward the inner opening of the port like how most of sub enclosures (prefab) boxes do. He is saying that because the inner portion of the port in the chamber will be on the side rather than the back that it will not function apprpriately.... is this true...or does he not know what he is talking about? He seems to think that you guys are just trying to get me to waste time and money as like a prank or sumthin(i have no idea why). I think people on here have a little more experience than him, but I can kind of see the logic in what he is saying can someone please clarify whether or not he is stupid.

He is stupid lol. My box was designed by Joex also and it works perfectly. If he is basing his comments on a prefab box then he does not know how good a real box sounds and is.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

thanks, thats what i figured! he thinks he knows everything, but i should have known just by the fact that he swears that i should have gone with kicker instead of rockford fosgate....

IMO for subs unless you got a great deal I would not have gone with rf subs or the kicker lol there amps yes subs no

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I got a superb deal! and besides ive always been a rockford fan Ive got rockford everything. Ive heard all the criticism and ive heard most subs at a lot of shows and I like what rockford offers at an affordable price. a friend of mine has 4 jl 13w7 in is tahoe and while yes they sound good, not $4000 good so maybe someday when my daughter is an adult and my career has carried me to a place where i feel financially comfortable enough to spend the money on some sundowns, or some fi btl for $1k each maybe I will but for me to do that now would be irresponsible......but trust me someday... for now im broke trying make best of what I can man... and besides ive already put more money into my audio than my jeep is worth. Atleast its all power series rockford and not just crap.

I he'll yea use them if you got a great deal not saying not to. And he'll yes JL is way over priced... Not as bad as RF on there subs but yea.

And always get what you can afford and always take care of that little girl of your first. Also I was not saying there shit just cost to much for me to buy and to me not worth it but that's just me every one has there own taste and what they prefer.

141 on music.

The design he gave you will sound the same. Just a different way of positioning the subs. That's why some enclosures have subs facing the back, and the aeroport out the side. But still sounds the same as subs and port forward. His design is a good one, I would recommend you went with his since he knows what he's talking about

Archived