John Fassetta Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 What's the general concensus on C2 audio subs? I've been looking at a lot of subs recently with 3" coils and this seems like a pretty sweet deal. They have a big coil and very high xmax. And the price point is crazy low. What's up with the 600 rms rating though? I've never heard of a sub with a 3" coil being good for less than a thousand watts. What's the realistic upper limit and what other subs are they comparable to?
dangaranga Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 You're talking about the threatcon-2? i can vouch that they can handle about 1k clean, but you better have the gains set properly and don't play below tuning of the box or you will reach xmax and bottom it out. Other than that they are great quality and Chris at car stereo giant is a stand up guy. If you want to run more power safely look into the team 1k or threatcon 4 that they offer Here is a snap of my 12'' I have ran it hard every time i drive since i got it last fall Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
Neckbeard Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 Waiting for some vids of the Team 1k 15 They seem like solid subs for the price OP Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
John Fassetta Posted March 2, 2014 Author Report Posted March 2, 2014 Oh yeah my bad. I guess when I said C2 I thought 2 and forgot to say Threatcon 2. If they can only handle about 1k I guess I'll have to stay away from them, as I'd like to do about double that and don't have the space for 2 nor the money for a C4. I thought 3" coils could typically take about 1.5k?
Neckbeard Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 What size sub are you looking to run? and how many watts? Build log, Super slow!!: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/168096-slow-neckbeards-1970-opel-gt/
John Fassetta Posted March 2, 2014 Author Report Posted March 2, 2014 I'm wanting to do 1 15" and I preferably run it at 1ohm for 2200 watts. I was pretty set on the AB XFL but then saw this and thought "of 9 more mm xmax and cheapers. hell yeah!!" but then saw the 600 rms rating.
dangaranga Posted March 2, 2014 Report Posted March 2, 2014 You might want to look into soundqubed if you want to run that much power to one sub. I haven't really seen anyone extremely overpower these subs yet. At least with my 12''it appears that the limiting factor is the suspension and not the coil itself. The 15'' may be better in that aspect. You could call CSG and get their thoughts on it Actually iirc chode i think his name is, reviewed 2 TC-2 15'' on a 5k. Maybe we could get his opinion Brandon 2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4 System: welding wire throughout the truck USalts 390amp Hairpin Juicebox in stock location 8 Banks of maxwell supercaps 2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each 2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked) Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) 2001 2 door focus 1 DD9918 SC
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.