Sonic Electronix

Install for a 2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew

So with a little more digging, I found out that the Ford F150 Navigation/Sync upgraded stereo does not have a remote/turn on wire on the back of the head unit. The base stereo head unit is the only one that included a remote/turn on wire on the back. I checked my manual and found out that a specific fuse/relay (#38) is a delayed fuse that maintains power with the ignition turned off and will lose current when the door is open. It's a 10 amp fuse. There are also 2 fuse/relay's free that are 10 amp. I found a forum where a lot of guys with Fords are using an add a fuse in the delay spot. Which space would you guys recommend?

With the help of Indorre, I feel pretty confident running a SPDT relay, but I don't know if that's even necessary anymore. Or should I use the add a fuse, it adds a wire off the fuse itself, run my remote/turn on to the back of the truck and then install the SPDT relay? What do you guys think?

Also, I'm having trouble deciding on a 4 channel highs amp with at least 400rms at 4 ohms. If space wasn't a concern, I'd go with Pioneerchuck's pick (sound qubed q4-120).

I have my amp remote wire on the ignition 12 volt and it only works with the key turned which it great so no killing the battery but that's a great place for it

my buddy has an 09 f150 and has no deadener and the only thing that makes a sound when he cranks it up is the cabin vent louvers that are in between the box and cab.

that Fi Q 15 moves some air.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

appreciate the info.

I've done quite a bit more research for entire system build and have come up with a few questions:

what gauge wiring can the sundown sa 8 v2 d4's take? I'm asking because the Sound Qubed AQ-1200 manual states that the amp can go lower than 12 gauge wiring. I was thinking about running 8 or 10 gauge to the sundown's since I'm running the amp @ 1 ohm, but haven't confirmed the sundowns will be be able to match.

Or am I over thinking this and just go with the 12 gauge?

also, thought the forum would appreciate that I came to on a decision for sound dampener. I'm ordering 40 square ft of second skin damplifier.

Regarding the sound dampener, is is bad to cover the vent louvers on the back cab of my truck?

Archived