Sonic Electronix

Guest MegaloManiac

6x9 don't have that great of SQ.. round is always the best. dayton from partsexpress.com would be the best....I know MECA rules say the sound sound come from teh front.. at EYE LEVEL.. teh rear feel should be liek an echo effect teh sound should also sound like its in a big area not a small car.... I have teh kenwood kdc-828, and it has built in processors that take car of all of that for you.. up front go with a 3 way componat setup(tweeter, 4", 6.5"0 rear do a two way(tweeter, 5.25)..... subs 12's should do. mount your mid range 4" speaker on the a-piller and keep all of your front spakers within a 18" area of each other... that teh rule of thumb for SQ....so teh sound doesn't apear to be coming from different places.. it needs to sound liek it coming from one centeral point above the window and should not sound like its in a small car. hope that helps

i dont recomend putting the mid range in the pillars, its way to close to the face, id put them in the kicks, and tweets in the pillars. i agree with the eyelevel. but i want to add into that, the sound should sound as if the speakers sitting at the center hood of you car.(imagin can make it sound like that, i heard cars that have acheived that to a degree) the hardest part to do is make the sound,sound good from both driver and passenger seats, many cars ive heard only sound great in the driver seat(because most people aim their)

I have the seperate stock tweets up next to my mirrors on the passenger and drivers door... is that where you're talking about when you say "A-pillar"? Also, you have to remember I'm on a sort of budget so I can't go and do mad speakers in the door n cieling n crap lol. I don't really feel like doing the custom kick panels... at least not on this car. I'm thinking the most custom I'd do is probably the custom pods on the rear deck, and maybe do the kick panels later on in my day when I wanna try something new. I went to a local shop an hour ago and the guy told me the pioneer premier speakers would be some of the best speakers for the setup im looking for. He said I should hold out for a couple weeks and he'll let me know if he's getting more of the RF power series components or not... He did a RF car and RF sent him all the supplies and he said that the RF T series components were amazing but he unfortunatly didn't have any in stock. So I'm thinking of doing the RF components up front... and the custom 6x9 pods in the back w/ the RF 3-way 6x9's, I'm going to angle them facing me so I get the best sound from them, and of course I'm leaving the 6x9 holes uncovered like a blow through. The guy at the shop told me that I shouldn't downfire my subs because the bass will get into the cabin too slow cause it will have a farther distance to travel and could possibly end up 3 beats behind my music. He recommended keeping port and subs on the same plain for best SQL results.

New project in the works ;)

As far as amps and speaks go lol. I just know theyre very reputable with all of their power series items. A good rep. is always a plus w/ me. I honestly dont think I would ever touch one of their subs though. But again, I'm still a "rookie" at car audio and I want to do it right the first time so I'm open to suggestions of any sort. I figure I might as well take this week off from school to learn as much as possible.

New project in the works ;)

Guest MegaloManiac

As far as amps and speaks go lol. I just know theyre very reputable with all of their power series items. A good rep. is always a plus w/ me. I honestly dont think I would ever touch one of their subs though. But again, I'm still a "rookie" at car audio and I want to do it right the first time so I'm open to suggestions of any sort. I figure I might as well take this week off from school to learn as much as possible.

Im not dissin RF, its jut their prices are a bit  $$$ . especially since you're on a budget.