Jump to content

Terrible Headunit Noise


Recommended Posts

Posted

So today I was trying to fix my alternator whine coming through my Kenwood X-797 headunit. The noise has been there since I installed in months ago and it annoying, but not really audible with music playing. Today, I was thinking I'd find a new ground for the headunit, as I didn't know any better than to use the factory wire when I installed it. I tried swapping some of my RCA through different outputs just to see what kind of difference it made in the noise and something that I did messed the headunit up and it now SHREIKS whenever my truck is on regardless of if I put the RCA's back where they were and regardless of the ground (I ran 2' pieces of wire to a charged car battery to isolate the problem). I think I must have fried something in the headunit. Could I have touched the RCA speaker end to the outside of one of my amps and grounded the headunit through the RCA's frying it? That's the only thing I can think of that might have happened. Any suggestions would be great, I'm a pizza delivery guy who needs my system to get me through work!!! haha

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1620 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...